Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sol the Mighty
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jun 2022, 11:45 am

Does anybody else get really upset, specifically more than necessary, at little things?
Some examples; I wanted to read a piece of fanfiction that I really enjoy, and I found out it was deleted. I genuinely almost started crying. Heck, I'm still upset!
Another thing is my dog. If she doesn't go to the bathroom within five minutes, I start getting agitated. This is made worse by the fact that she keeps trying to pull me to the door.
And I also get upset when I have to stop doing things I want to do for something else, like doing laundry or making dinner.
Arguably, these things are little but I have such a strong response to them.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:58 am

The things that you mentioned are not that small. I'd say medium. I'd be furious if some fiction I like gets deleted.

I have many small things that make me angry. For example, if I come out of the shower at 6:01pm when I wanted to be out by 6:00pm, it makes me furious. Many things like that make me angry.

Sol the Mighty
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jun 2022, 12:48 pm

Well I'm glad that the things aren't as small as I thought. Makes me feel better about my reactions. Thankfully I remember a lot of the fanfic too, so I could write my own thing with similar elements. And I can make it with my comfort character too!
I just really hate it when I'm doing something or I have a plan and people keep telling me to do something else.
My mom honestly kept having me put stuff away or help with dinner until I finally snapped "I need to get the laundry done!" and then I'm the bad guy. I couldn't get a word in edgewise so how am I supposed to say "Hey, I need to finish the laundry," when I'm being pulled in fifty different directions. And I just hate verbal instructions.
Me and my sibling were supposed to break down some cardboard boxes we had. We did. And we were told "Just put it in a pile," so we did! And then we both got chewed out because apparently they wanted it in a neat stack. A pile and a neat stack are two different things! You have to specify! Honestly, stuff like that makes me wanna scream.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 4:25 pm

Quote:
I just really hate it when I'm doing something or I have a plan and people keep telling me to do something else.

There's psychological research done on that, they compared two groups. One who find it easy to transition to another task and those who found it difficult....can't remember what the results were though! :)

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:09 pm

You can't measure the size of some things

For example, some precious lil "people" act like it is not bad or wrong to take their dog off leash, and say "huh" and "what" instead of "excuse me ", and to think unnecessarily, and to make fun of the way I walk, but I see them as big deals

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:54 pm

Yes, I do.

And being a cancer survivor I should know better.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 4:40 pm

Little frustrations can sometimes get a bigger reaction from me than some large problems (which, ideally, I dispassionately work my way through).

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 9:40 pm

I feel so overwhelmed by life in general nowadays, all kinds of little things can trigger me to get really upset.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 11:45 pm

I get upset over "little things" like routine and plan changes, having to change tasks, making small mistakes, etc. I actually get really upset because I ruminate over these things, though I don't express my frustration/anxiety and just shutdown to avoid dealing with it.