Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 11:57 am

No agenda here, just curious. I have a suspicion but, yeah

/Mats

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:02 pm

Oh, and if you reply, no hate please. And no questioning of others faiths. No religous discussions.

/Mats

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:07 pm

I have no religion. I don't even understand why such a thing as religion exists but I do understand that it's very important to some people.

There's a comprehensive thread in the Stats section about this topic. I guess no one looks at that dead section any way.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:22 pm

Ok, fair, this has been discussed before.
I don't travel to all sub forums, because I just don't have the time.
If it's a question that is against the rules, please mods feel free to delete it!

Anyways, temp1234, why didn't you vote?

/Mats

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:33 pm

Sorry I didn't even think about voting. I tend to only look at the results whenever there's a poll. Just my habit, but I'll vote after submitting this message.

I think this thread can be kept here because the Stats section is dead and you can pretty much only see old posts. Here you can see more current posts.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:50 pm

Lutheran

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 12:51 pm

And to be clear, I don't really seek for discussions. I think it's OK whatever your believes are, as long as you're a decent person.
I used to call myself an atheist, but I prefer the term agnostic now.

/Mats

arachnids
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2022, 1:15 pm

My son goes to Orthodox church and I can appreciate the aesthetic, but I can't force myself to believe in a god.

I am not taking the damn Venlafaxine!

On Propranolol

I like cats, trees and spiders.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act' George Orwell

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 1:25 pm

Christian

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:44 pm

This survey may suffer from “self selection” bias. You may find out the percent of the “universe” for each category, but your universe may be “who is willing to report religious beliefs”, and that universe may not be an exact match for “wp members in general” as your universe.

Last edited by Fenn on 10 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 3:56 pm

Fenn wrote:
This survey may suffer from “self selection” bias. You may find out “who is willing to report religious beliefs” is not an exact match for “wp members in general” as you universe.

That is a fair claim. How should I do it, you think?

/Mats

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 4:37 pm

Just something to keep in mind - if you are going to report on it or make decisions based on your results. You said you had a “hunch”. You could also call this your “hypothesis”. The results will only prove (or disprove) your hypothesis as far as your universe.

I once read for elections that after the results are known if you take a survey more people will claim to have voted for the winner that actually did vote for the winner.

Ymmv

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 7:21 pm

I am Evangelical Quiverfull/Stay-at-home Daughters Movement/ Christian Communist and Hard-Core Ultra Conservative Fundamentalist doomsday prepper A capella non-institutional church of Christ

Last edited by Texasmoneyman300 on 10 Jun 2022, 7:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 7:24 pm

I'm an everyday junglist.

It's a bass-based religion. :)

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:10 pm

Spinoza atheist.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 8:21 pm

Forgot Jedi on that list