Don't mind me, just ranting a bit, or a lot, or a whole lot.

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

SpaceMartian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jun 2022, 7:50 pm

I know I'm not the only one in this position... I know. Still, I feel like ranting so that's what's about to happen! IT JUST SUCKS!

Ok, I have my Networking Associate cert. I have my 3 years of experience in a proper racing team, with in-house made electronics and carbon fiber bits and all. I know my way around ANY 3D printer you may trow to my face, be it SLA, MSLA, FDM... I'm almost done with my classic car restoration, which involved from basic maintenance to reverse engineering a f*** tiny plastic pulley that nobody manufactures anymore (well now me with the Resin printer), taking the gearbox out, electrical work... you name it. I can fly a plane and land without dying. English is not my 1st language yet here I am. I've open, mounted, fixed a billion PCs, laptops and towers, I've installed so many Windows that I ended up making a local Win server with an script for fully automatic network installs. Countless phone screens. Had my sister's head 3d scanned via photogrammetry, then printed as a keychain. Had my fair share of math contest. I colud go on...

Still... I'm basically bankrupt. 'Because of war' now everything is like x3 as expensive as it used to be, specially gas and food. Yes I have my small company.. that now almost COST ME MONEY TO RUN. I don't go to the office if not needed to save on gas. I hope one day grows, which I see difficult. Let's face it, I'm not the marketing guy, I'd send to hell and back any bit** customer who dared to tell me it's not their sh*** virus infested PC that's at fault. Sure my job there is pretty automated, a bit more can be done but yeah, that's happening as long I get lazy about doing something, like last week when I made that AHK script so I don't have to look at any CDR any more ever... I should look for another job elsewhere. Not quitting my own company, not putting on halt, just using my time right.

But what do I do? I'd like to get into motorsport again, I've got experience, I've got... still haven't send a sad CV because I do be that stupid. There are masters available, I could get on some of them, of course, they cost some 10k I don't have, and some will take 2 years I'm not sure I have. Some only a year. I could pick up some job at networking or something to help paying for it. I check online. WHAT IS ALL THIS HR BULLSH***????? Are they really trying to tell me I'm gonna get paid as much as a waitress (not to insult anyone) or maybe not even that because I don't have 15 years of experience and 5 masters that would have costed like a trillion bucks. And all for a sh** position? Seriously? Wow, this is gonna be fun.

At least my family has my back... wait no, they don't. Yesterday I was literally told to ask a relative of ours to give me a position as a cashier and forget about a Motorsport any serious tech career "because there is much competition, is difficult and doesn't guarantee success". Being paid less than 1k for working full day on something that I hate will SURELY be a "success". Don't worry, I've already told them to fu*** off. My life my problem, not surrendering without trying (because let's not forget, I haven't tried anything yet).

I just annoy the heck of myself by knowing some stuff, deciding is not enough (it never is, never will), deciding that because is not enough I can't do anything and thus lock myself in this loop where I know the path I want and yet haven't really moved towards it. Then when deciding that I can always do one of the masters and a job to get it paid, realise I really don't really know how to navigate trough life at all. I've been told is plagued of abusive companies, poor politics and incompetent people.

This is gonna be fun.