Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:32 pm

I really want someone in my life. I don’t know if it can happen, I have ALOT of problems, I have my Cerebral Pasly, Aspergers, Psoriasis, Dyslexia & a Learning Disability, I also have trouble walking, I stay in my apartment, I might be getting a caregiver. I don’t know if a guy would want a woman like me.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2022, 11:05 am

Nothing you list seems like an issue to me, but you know, I'm kinda used to disability, the difficulties that go along with it and helping those with such, so I might not be an average individual.

I kinda feel the same, though. Just change sexes. :| Well, maybe not really want, but want works (begrudging, Dill says a want). Outside of maybe looks, I'm way down there when it comes to a "catch" for someone in their 40s or so.

I suppose I'm lucky that I don't get lonely.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2022, 2:29 pm

I think your right Dill. It does take a special kind of person to want to deal with that. Someone who also has various disabilities might be more accepting & understanding.

I'm not sure how physically attractive you are Kitty but that can be a big factor for guys sometimes. Guys are more accepting of disabilities if the woman is attractive but you have to be careful that the guy is not mostly looking for sex.
I hope getting a caregiver works out. Would it be someone who comes over a couple times a week :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition