People watch 3 women get beaten up in China

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 1:39 am

3 young women were brutally beaten up outside a restaurant in northern China
https://www.news.com.au/technology/onli ... 7766e4f76c

Apparently there were members of the public who stood and watched the young women get smashed both inside and outside the restaurant. Nobody intervened to help.

The attack has caused outrage all over China where the issue of gender violence is an ongoing issue.

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 1:07 pm

Wow. That was distressing to watch. Disgusting bastards.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 1:36 pm

For those who didn't click the link, it should be mentioned that 9 men were arrested for this.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 1:45 pm

That kind of thing is happening more and more. Someone has an accident, 3-4 people are filming it, at least one will be trying to get a selfie. If you're lucky one of them will actually call for help, but more often than not its another person who wasn't part of the first group that actually DOES something helpful.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 6:55 pm

To be fair this type of thing is rare in the west where a group of men attack young women and everybody stands around gawking. In our countries it happens discreetly behind closed doors where nobody can hear the screaming.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 7:21 pm

This is an event that has attracted considerable attention in China these days. I have not expected or thought of it will even attract the attention of the West.

The investigation is still ongoing.
The current mainstream view is that the suspects are local gangs. Others called the police in time and provided monitoring and testimony, but no one dared to directly conflict with them.
The woman in black in the middle of the picture is actually the owner of the restaurant. She provided all the help she could offer as a physically disadvantaged person.

If someone is really interested, I could translate a series of hot spots related to this.

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 7:47 pm

The people doing this are probably gangsters. The bystanders probably know who they are. Gangsters become accustomed to doing whatever the f**k they please. Some places in Central America are under the total control of such people. This is why there are so many refugees entering the US from Mexico.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 9:24 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
This is an event that has attracted considerable attention in China these days. I have not expected or thought of it will even attract the attention of the West.

The investigation is still ongoing.
The current mainstream view is that the suspects are local gangs. Others called the police in time and provided monitoring and testimony, but no one dared to directly conflict with them.
The woman in black in the middle of the picture is actually the owner of the restaurant. She provided all the help she could offer as a physically disadvantaged person.

If someone is really interested, I could translate a series of hot spots related to this.

Ah that makes sense. Gangs behave like this. But wasn't the ring leader the owner of a aquarium supplies shop? seems like a nerdy thing to do for a gang member?

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 9:28 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Ah that makes sense. Gangs behave like this. But wasn't the ring leader the owner of a aquarium supplies shop? seems like a nerdy thing to do for a gang member?

The underworld in modern China may be different from the gangs in your impression.
Their most classic occupation is digging river sand...
Any profession is possible as long as it can provide high income in a gray way.

But the cities where I live or study don't have them. So I actually have only a superficial understanding of the underworld. The most influential events will be heard by me, that's all.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 10:26 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The underworld in modern China may be different from the gangs in your impression.

But the cities where I live or study don't have them. So I actually have only a superficial understanding of the underworld. The most influential events will be heard by me, that's all.

Yeah but an aquarium supplies shop :lol:

In Melbourne they are exclusively run by older middle aged men.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2022, 10:37 pm

SkinnedWolf wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I would like to know more about China.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 10:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Yeah but an aquarium supplies shop :lol:

In Melbourne they are exclusively run by older middle aged men.

There are no exciting things like guns or drugs, and even standard cold weapons are strictly controlled.
You can imagine the crime here will be more...pragmatic and close to life.

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 10:39 pm

KeepWaiting wrote:
I would like to know more about China.

中文? 我可以提供這個事件的集中進展的連接。