Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 12:10 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The fact that Coeur d'Alene, as Spokane, has a Pride Parade, says something about how there is true tolerance and diversity among many of us here in the Northwest.

I understand there are islands of tolerance throughout the US. The comedian Dave Chapelle lives in Yellow Springs Ohio which he claims is democrat island (Bernie Sanders supporters) in a sea of Trump voters. I think it has something to do with it being historically a place where subversive/hippy movements started as it's close to a university.

Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.

Who was that WA state legislator that was an avowed white supremacist?

I think you're thinking of Matt Shea, who I'm embarrassed to admit misrepresented my district (I never voted for the a$$hole). Why I'm sure he'd deny he was a white supremacist, he supported Bundy's antigovernmental standoff, and belonged to a so called Messianic Jewish Temple (none of the members were actually Jewish). After thankfully self-destructing his political career, he resigned to head up his so called Messianic Jewish Temple.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 12:31 am

:D :D :D
a fed-op :ninja:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 10:20 pm

You can't make this stuff up
https://www.npr.org/2022/06/13/11046482 ... ho-updates

Imagine of muslim groups threatened the police in their own jurisdiction, unbelievable

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 10:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Imagine of muslim groups threatened the police in their own jurisdiction, unbelievable

It does happen, but it is often unreported or CNN-style misreported. I've heard of at least three similar incidents in Australia (linky - worth noting the language used in this article), the UK and France when Muslims threatened police officers. Can't remember one in the US though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 10:41 pm

Mikah wrote:
It does happen, but it is often unreported or CNN-style misreported. I've heard of at least three similar incidents in Australia (linky - worth noting the language used in this article), the UK and France when Muslims threatened police officers. Can't remember one in the US though.

Yeah, I should reframe extremists of any political/religious persuasion will threaten police.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:12 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Yeah, I should reframe extremists of any political/religious persuasion will threaten police.

Do you ever listen to Bill Maher?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:42 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Do you ever listen to Bill Maher?

Not quite sure how to take him?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2022, 5:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
The fact that Coeur d'Alene, as Spokane, has a Pride Parade, says something about how there is true tolerance and diversity among many of us here in the Northwest.

I understand there are islands of tolerance throughout the US. The comedian Dave Chapelle lives in Yellow Springs Ohio which he claims is democrat island (Bernie Sanders supporters) in a sea of Trump voters. I think it has something to do with it being historically a place where subversive/hippy movements started as it's close to a university.

Washington and Oregon tend to be pretty liberal blue states, though in both there are pretty conservative rural areas, as there are in most blue states. My own Spokane county has unfortunately produced some certifiably insane politicians.

Who was that WA state legislator that was an avowed white supremacist?

I think you're thinking of Matt Shea, who I'm embarrassed to admit misrepresented my district (I never voted for the a$$hole). Why I'm sure he'd deny he was a white supremacist, he supported Bundy's antigovernmental standoff, and belonged to a so called Messianic Jewish Temple (none of the members were actually Jewish). After thankfully self-destructing his political career, he resigned to head up his so called Messianic Jewish Temple.

And surprise, surprise, at least one of the defendants has ties to Matt Shea.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2022/ ... mer-state/

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:03 am

And I thought Briscoe Cain was crazy.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!