Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:29 pm

Thanks to things like TV and antisocial media most humans have virtually no attention span and if something can't be explained in under 30 seconds they don't think it's worth knowing anyway. Which is ironic, since on TV there appear to be more commercials now than TV show and they go on for two minutes at least. On American stations, anyway.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:32 pm

QFT wrote:
KitLily wrote:
QFT wrote:
Because judgement is very quick and easy,

The part of sharing it with their friends is not quick. I mean, by "quick" you probably mean less than a minute, since they don't have a minute to hear me out. But if they share their judgement with 15 different friends, it would take more than a minute total. After all, in order to fit it into a minute, they would have to spend 4 seconds with each friend, and I am sure they spend more than just that.

And here is another question. What about them talking to their friends about what a nice day it is, or complimenting each other on a nice clothes, etc. They can compliment each other for hours. Yet they don't have time so much as to say a single sentence beyond hello when it comes to me.

Well I'm struggling to find the answers, I'm afraid. It's gone beyond what I can piece together. Like trying to decipher a very difficult foreign language. We need to find some NTs to answer our questions.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
My over-detailing is mostly online or written because that's how I communicate most comfortably.

There's no way of getting it right unless you don't talk at all.
That's why I seldom speak.

Same here. I'm brilliant at expressing myself in writing. Hopeless in speech, so I tend to sit quietly in corners if I ever get into a social situation, which is never these days.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:34 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Thanks to things like TV and antisocial media most humans have virtually no attention span and if something can't be explained in under 30 seconds they don't think it's worth knowing anyway. Which is ironic, since on TV there appear to be more commercials now than TV show and they go on for two minutes at least. On American stations, anyway.

Hit the nail right on the head there!

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 12:43 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

Here is another irony. Lets say they attribute something to me that is self contradictory. For example, some guy told me I don't have a girlfriend because I don't want one, even though the statement that I don't want one blatantly contradicts the fact that I keep complaining about not having one (and he was the prime audience of my complaining).

Now, think just how long would it take for me to try to understand, by myself, how that contradiction is logically possible? I been trying to for weeks and months, and still can't. So he must have been a pretty smart guy to think of such a difficult concept. Yet he won't take half a minute to hear out my side of the story.

I mean, what I have to explain is a lot more simpler. Namely, "yes I want a girlfriend, the only reason I look like I don't is that I am SHY". That is far simpler concept. But I guess it takes more than 30 seconds to explain, so it is beyond his attention span.

Well, how come he doesn't have an attention span to hear a really SIMPLE thing (the concept of shyness), yet he had enough intellect to come up with REALLY COMPLICATED thing (the way his alleged contradiction is not really a contradiction). That is just beyond me.

I mean, he doesn't have attention span to hear something that I would take more than 30 seconds to explain, yet he had intellect to tell me something I would take months to puzzle over.