Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 5:12 pm

I know I said I wasn't going to start any new threads for a month but this is different, as I doubt I'll regret starting a thread like this.

My mum died last year from cancer, and I keep longing to talk to her again, to the point where I panic and can't breathe. I have to see her. But I can't, because she's gone. :cry:

I just feel angry with Boris Johnson for having parties while forcing everyone (including the queen) to stay away from each other and report our friends and neighbours if we're seen gathering, and police patroling the main roads and fining people who are traveling out their hometowns. Then my mum died, just as all the restrictions were easing and people were allowed their freedom again.

My mum got to a point where she was too ill to even care about covid, all she wanted was her family and friends around her, and she couldn't have that. Yet Johnson was abusing these rules behind our backs while many people died alone. No wonder a lot of people are so aerated about that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 6:36 pm

I can certainly understand your anger at Boris Johnson having parties, while your mother couldn't have her family around her.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 10:21 pm

Um...yeah I’m sorry Joe. That’s absolutely horrible. She’s in a better place now, this is not a good place.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 12:22 am

My mom died of cancer, she had west nile too. Sometimes I do feel her, I talk to her too.

KeepWaiting
Raven
Raven

14 Jun 2022, 12:59 am

Cancer got my mom, too. I miss her so much. She left far too soon.

Jleger91
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2022, 8:59 am

Being kept from your mother is not fair and to lose her just before being able to see her again is completely and totally stupid. One person gets to party and have fun while others suffer for no good reason. 8O

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 12:01 am

This is the right kind of thread. I really hope it will get easier with time. In my mind I think about this scenario a lot, when I'll have no one close left, when I'll have no one to speak with, when I'll become the sole remaining member of my family.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 12:20 pm

I am so sorry for your loss, i hope it will get easier with time.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 12:39 pm

I just feel my mum was like my double. While I do have other close, loving relatives that I love, a lot of them seem to be into Kate Bush and smoking weed and going to festivals and other stuff I'm not at all into. I don't know, maybe I'm exaggerating, but lately my cousins seem preoccupied in that sort of stuff, plus getting drunk and high, and my mum was the only one who didn't let herself be easily led. She liked her own music (and the music I like) and wasn't preoccupied with crap, and she didn't smoke, drink or do drugs. I really miss her. I know my boyfriend doesn't like all that but he does like his drink. I just feel like an alien sometimes because I don't do weed or drink alcohol. I hate weed, I've tried it before due to peer pressure whenever I'm with my cousins and it sets off my vertigo and makes me feel ill, even just breathing it in from others. Same reasons why I don't drink. It makes me feel unwell and sick. But I feel depressed because I don't (and can't) do all that. I'm like an old lady and I feel so different, not because of ASD or ADHD but because I don't smoke weed, drink, go to festivals or love Kate Bush. I love Amy Winehouse instead but she's dead. My mum loved her too. Me and my mum were so alike in every way. :cry:

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jun 2022, 1:13 am

I'm so sorry, Joe. Death is nasty and awful. :(

If it makes you feel any better, I don't drink or smoke, either. I have no desire to. Neither do most of the people I know, to be honest--at least not often.

And I have never heard of Kate Bush before.

Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:25 am

I know you miss your mum very much, but you were blessed to have her in your life.

I've had several family members pass away the last decade but because I could never build a strong connection to them, their passing was hardly felt. You were fortunate to have felt so close to your mom. It's not something everyone can have in a lifetime.

(And Johnson is a privileged idiot.)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:18 pm

I’m sorry she isn’t still with you.You were blessed to be so close.
My bio-mom is still alive but she’s more like a big mean sister than a real mom.I never had that kind of bond since she didn’t raise me.
My real mom was my great - Aunt , she and my great - Uncle adopted and raised me.She died when I was a teenager and I miss her every day.
I never had the chance to take her out to dinner, or do nice things for her. :(

Last edited by Misslizard on 28 Jun 2022, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:35 pm

You're bound to miss your mum Joe and you should write about her and talk about her as much as you like. You have treasured memories of her and you should count yourself extremely lucky to have had such a wonderful relationship with her.

I hate Boris Johnson too. He's got his head stuck up his own arse hole.