Watching the same parts of a movie many times

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Jun 2022, 8:01 pm

Sorry I know Ive posted a few times today, but thought of this too. Do any of you have favorite chunks of a favorite movie that you watch over and over? I watch the first one third of The Great Gatsby (2013) over and over, must be a hundred times at least in the past year. It's just so fun to watch and predictable, it's like an old friend or something. I watch it over so much, it's comforting if I've had a bad day or fun if I've had a good day. I love history, and though it is not historically accurate it doesn't bother me in this case. I like knowing what is going to happen when it is going to happen and all the details of it. Heck I've even drawn a map of some of the sets from what I can see in the movie. :lol:

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 8:00 am

I've watched certain clips of certain movies zillions of times.

Floo
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jun 2022, 8:33 am

I have watched the first dreamy part of David Lynch's Mullholland Drive many many times. "The Cowboy Scene" and "The Espresso Scene" in the same movie even more. Makes me feel good :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 9:00 am

I used to do that as a kid, if I really loved a certain scene (like a character's facial expressions), but I only rewound it two or three times.

I don't really do that any more.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 9:01 am

No, because finding the right scene is troublesome, unless I can find a cut from youtube that's just that scene. Same episodes from one show over and over again though? Will do. Interesting chapter/scene in a book? Absolutely.

Oh, and sometimes if I know there's some joke there but I just don't get it, I might watch it several times in order to try and get it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 12:28 pm

Never done that,but I do need to watch the great Gatsby because of that certain gif.
When it appears in the movie I'll probably crack up.

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jun 2022, 5:56 pm

klanka wrote:
Never done that,but I do need to watch the great Gatsby because of that certain gif.

Lol there are some good gifs!

Yeah it is almost like I think how some people have comfort food, for me its the first chunk of this movie! :lol:

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 11:35 pm

I used to do that but I don't anymore as you can ruin the DVD and it will skip a scene when you play it again.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 9:21 am

Lady Strange wrote:
klanka wrote:

Yeah it is almost like I think how some people have comfort food, for me its the first chunk of this movie! :lol:

Wow it's an alternative universe sequel to titanic....if Jack survived...

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Jun 2022, 6:37 pm

klanka wrote:
Lady Strange wrote:
klanka wrote:

Lol! Yeah Jack survives, changes his name to Jay, and bootlegs to become a billionaire practically overnight!

orbweaver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jun 2022, 7:40 pm

My autistic best friend and I are mutually obsessed with the movie Interstellar and we watch scenes from it ("No Time for Caution" being our favorite) over, over, over and re-watch the movie together a lot. Whether in person or over Discord.

ASD (dx. 2004, Asperger's Syndrome) + ADHD

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 10:12 am

Lady Strange wrote:
klanka wrote:
Lady Strange wrote:
klanka wrote:

Lol! Yeah Jack survives, changes his name to Jay, and bootlegs to become a billionaire practically overnight!

yeah, even the timeline almost fits :D
I watched the whole film. quite interesting,

NotHolyRomanOrAnEmpire
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jun 2022, 12:06 pm

Yeah I like watching clips from tv shows over and over again. There are clips I’ve watched too many times to count, even when I’ve never rewatched the whole episode.

bmasters1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 Jul 2022, 6:12 am

Fireblossom wrote:
Same episodes from one show over and over again though? Will do.

That's me too-- two of my favorite shows of the 70s are Emergency! and The Streets of San Francisco, and both have had episodes I have come back to many a time-- in fact, the 1975 season premieres of both ("The Stewardess" on Emergency! [OAD Saturday, September 13, 1975 on NBC; fifth-season premiere of that NBC medical/action series], and "Poisoned Snow" on The Streets of San Francisco [OAD Thursday, September 11, 1975 on ABC; fourth-season premiere of that ABC police procedural]) are two of my absolute favorite episodes of all the shows I have on DVD.

zll
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Jul 2022, 6:47 am

I follow too many lotr related pages and I can’t skip when they post a scene. I also have to watch the trilogy at least 3 times in a year :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:29 am

The "tango scene" from "Scent of a Woman" ...watched it many times.