Cop gets away with assaulting young woman and her dog

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 5:24 am

A white Chicago police officer who assaulted a black woman walking a dog on a closed beach made national news has resigned, department officials said Friday.

https://biz.crast.net/police-officer-re ... n-chicago/

According to NBC News, Nikita Brown was walking her dog on North Avenue Beach after midnight when she was stopped by a former Chicago PD officer Bruce Dyker for encroachment.

Body camera footage recorded Dyker holding Brown while she tried to record him approaching him. Brown begged the cop several times to respect her space, citing COVID-19 as she began to leave, but he ignored him, shouting that he didn’t need a mask because they were outside.

He continued to chase her, claiming that he would handcuff her, and a struggle ensued as he yelled at her to let him go. The conflict caused Brown to drop his phone, before Dyker finally let him out of the park with his French Bulldog. When she got home, she called 911 and filed a report against Dyker.

Officer Bruce Dyker, a 23-year verteran police officer who forcibly grabbed Nikkita Brown while she was walking her French bulldog on North Avenue Beach on Aug. 28, filed his papers in May 2022 before any disciplinary action was taken by higher-ups at the department.

After wathcing the video a lot of people on social media are saying the young woman (Nikita Brown) was sexually assaulted by the cop (trigger warning)

Dyker assumed by taking away her phone nobody would see the assault, The police once again protecting one of their own. Anyone else did this they would be in jail.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 7:08 am

Misleading thread title.

"Bruce Dyker was charged with aggravated battery and official misconduct."

Criminal charges filed against ex-Chicago cop over altercation with woman at North Avenue Beach

Also the OP is article poorly writte. Kept getting Brown Dyker "his" "her" mixed up. Also the footage was obviously taken from inside the cab of a truck (like the other one in the background) rather than from a body cam.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:05 pm

This gender fluidity fad needs to end. Sh*t gets confusing.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
This gender fluidity fad needs to end. Sh*t gets confusing.

You noticed that too!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:33 pm

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misleading thread title.

Criminal charges filed against ex-Chicago cop over altercation with woman at North Avenue Beach

Also the OP is article poorly writte. Kept getting Brown Dyker "his" "her" mixed up. Also the footage was obviously taken from inside the cab of a truck (like the other one in the background) rather than from a body cam.

I think that's a new style of article re: gender pronouns but have to admit it did my head in. BTW the point I was making is he got away with assault (i.e. he was not charged) so he jumped to another jurisdiction before Miss Brown's lawyers could take him to court.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:39 pm

Hmm, wonder how meaningful that little data nugget is,

Quote:
According to the Invisible Institute, a nonprofit that tracks data on police conduct, the officer involved had 24 complaints filed against him from 2000-2018. Three resulted in discipline.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-police- ... /11025862/

:arrow: Also found where PDF document by the investigating agency can be downloaded from that agency,
https://www.chicagocopa.org/press/copa- ... nue-beach/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 4:49 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
Hmm, wonder how meaningful that little data nugget is,

Quote:
According to the Invisible Institute, a nonprofit that tracks data on police conduct, the officer involved had 24 complaints filed against him from 2000-2018. Three resulted in discipline.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-police- ... /11025862/

:arrow: Also found where PDF document by the investigating agency can be downloaded from that agency,
https://www.chicagocopa.org/press/copa- ... nue-beach/

Hence he was being protected by his precinct. My point (which I was trying to make) is that the police appear to have a unofficial licence to commit crimes that they themselves would arrest a person for,

Nikita Brown was simply minding her own business walking her dog in an area where other people were also trespassing on the beach but the cop ignored the groups and made a beeline for her as she was a) alone and b) she was pretty. The harassment was over her allegedly trespassing - but she complied with Dyker and was attempting to leave the site but he (Dyker) continued to follow her A lot if people think it looks like sexual assault. Dyker panicked when she tried to film him not aware that another person (who BTW was also trespassing according to Dyker's excuse).

I imagine the only reason women's groups aren't getting behind her is because she is a black woman. In addition the small little bulldog was also hurt by the cop in his excuse to "feel up" the poor woman. The RSPCA and animals rights groups might want to pipe up on the dog's behalf.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 9:14 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misleading thread title.

I think that's a new style of article re: gender pronouns but have to admit it did my head in. BTW the point I was making is he got away with assault (i.e. he was not charged) so he jumped to another jurisdiction before Miss Brown's lawyers could take him to court.

I post about how criminal charges were brought against him, and you keep saying he wasn't charged. I've heard of people living in their own little world, but you take the cake.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 3:21 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misleading thread title.

I post about how criminal charges were brought against him, and you keep saying he wasn't charged. I've heard of people living in their own little world, but you take the cake.

Well that's good! justice served, but why did it have to take case number 26 before this creep got thrown in jail. And let's face it, if not for the multiple video feeds this guy would have been allowed to creep back into the force as nobody in law enforcement would have believed Nikita Brown's testimony alone.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 3:37 am

Just one question unrelated to this. How is it possible to be a "Veteran" police officer as that term would never be used here in the UK unless one was closing in on retirement having worked at the job for many years?
I was a rare person who ended up on the senior link on the railways just because so many staff had retired at the same time or moved to be drivers which had a higher pay. It was odd being a senior conductor (Guard) after just seven or eight years (I did a few days under nine years before I left. A record for me in any job as usually after two years masking would break down. Should have left after five years as masking broke down then but I endured on and that was when I eventually broke down with a burnout or breakdown. I then quit the job).

The term veteran only really applies if one has spent years at the job and one has a wealth of experience due to the decades one has been in the trade whichis why it is puzzling how he was classed as one at such an early age.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jun 2022, 4:23 am

The article was written days after he'd resigned. With 23 years experience, that makes him a vet. He joined the force in 1998 from what I've read elsewhere.

Mountain Goat wrote:
How is it possible to be a "Veteran" police officer as that term would never be used here in the UK unless one was closing in on retirement having worked at the job for many years?

The term veteran only really applies if one has spent years at the job and one has a wealth of experience due to the decades one has been in the trade which is why it is puzzling how he was classed as one at such an early age.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 4:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Misleading thread title.

Well that's good! justice served, but why did it have to take case number 26 before this creep got thrown in jail. And let's face it, if not for the multiple video feeds this guy would have been allowed to creep back into the force as nobody in law enforcement would have believed Nikita Brown's testimony alone.

In the US black people are treated like s**t and cops are lazy corrupt and evil. Go ahead an keep posting news stories like this because us handful of autistics really need to understand that in the US black people are treated like s**t and cops are lazy corrupt and evil. FFS.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 4:52 am

Idiot effin cop!

She was just walking her dog!

Probably, she didn’t know she was in a restricted area. All the cop had to do was gently tell her she was in a restricted area. She probably would have moved on.

Let people walk their dog in peace! Dogwalkers certainly are not out to mug people.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 5:15 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
Go ahead an keep posting news stories like this because us handful of autistics really need to understand that in the US black people are treated like s**t and cops are lazy corrupt and evil. FFS.

This is called news....it's called a news thread...not sure what the problem is?

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
Go ahead an keep posting news stories like this because us handful of autistics really need to understand that in the US black people are treated like s**t and cops are lazy corrupt and evil. FFS.

This is called news....it's called a news thread...not sure what the problem is?

I wouldn't expect you to understand. Carry on.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 6:19 am

Black people tend to be treated like crap by a certain element of cop.

There are many decent cops.