Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2022, 5:02 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/15/health/fauci-covid-positive/index.html

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 6:53 pm

This is both funny and ironic: the Republican-hating predator became the prey of a Democrat virus. 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fauci once tried to destroy America with his liberal scaremongering agenda: "ooh! B***n [Covid]-19 will kill us all unless we wear masks and social distance!". And now, he got infected himself with the same virus he helped create in the Wuhan lab. Hahahaha! Let's hope Fauci gets what he deserves. I wish I could say what exactly he deserves, but the WP Thought Police says it's doubleplusungood crimethink [unorthodox], and will vaporize [ban] me for it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 11:04 pm

Taking out the schadenfreude, this is not a surprise because Omicron is so contagious.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 5:13 am

Maybe so. But it's ironic to see Fauci get it, given how he worships that virus and its "safety rules". I'd expect Ron DeSantis (R-FL) or Kristi Noem (R-SD) to get it instead. He created all those "safety rules", didn't follow them himself, and fell into his own booby trap. While I broke them since May 2020, and got nothing. So my schadenfreude is justified.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 6:10 am

What this means is people are going to contract the virus no matter how careful they are.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 7:13 am

The current version of the virus (Omicron) is highly contagious but at the same time less deadly. It is bringing an end to the pandemic.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 7:51 am

How does Omicron compare to the original virus and Delta when it comes to mild symptoms and being asymptomatic?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 9:56 am

Matrix Glitch wrote:
What this means is people are going to contract the virus no matter how careful they are.
That's true. So, "two weeks to flatten the curve"---which became two years, as Fauci snickered at us all---were a waste, and the worst aftermath is yet to come.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 12:19 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Matrix Glitch wrote:
That's true. So, "two weeks to flatten the curve"---which became two years, as Fauci snickered at us all---were a waste, and the worst aftermath is yet to come.

This has been true since the Omicron variant came out. We do not know if he got it because he broke his own rules. No surprise the experts were wrong. It was a new thing and a lot of policies were based on past pandemics. The situation is quite fluid. I wonder if Omicron is really a variant or a related but different virus. Unlike the origanal it evades vaccines and it is bronchial not lung based.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 9:27 pm

Fauci Has 'Rebound' COVID After Paxlovid, But Says Drug Kept Him Out of the Hospital

Quote:
After being infected with COVID-19 earlier this month, Dr. Anthony Fauci experienced a rebound after taking the antiviral pill Paxlovid, but he maintained on Wednesday that the drug kept him out of the hospital.

"Paxlovid did what it was supposed to do," Fauci, 81, told the New York Times. He added that he thought the drug also reduced the severity of his initial symptoms.

Fauci, chief medical adviser to the president and director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has been fully vaccinated and received two booster doses. Rebound has been reported by other patients who have had symptoms recur following negative COVID-19 tests. In Fauci's case, he recently tested positive again after three days of negative tests, the Times reported.

He called his doctor and got a prescription for another five-day course of Paxlovid, the newspaper said. Although the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has noted there is no evidence that additional treatment with Paxlovid is needed in rebound cases, Fauci said taking two courses of the drug is relatively common among those who suffer rebounds.

Fauci did note that he would like to see a study comparing a five-day course of Paxlovid to a 10-day course, "to see if you can prevent the rebound by giving it for five extra days."

Fauci finished his second course on Wednesday, and said his symptoms were "essentially gone, except for a little bit of a stuffy nose." He had tested positive on Tuesday, he said, but had not yet tested himself again on Wednesday.

When rebound symptoms occur, the CDC recommends isolating again for at least five days. A CDC advisory issued in May noted that "a brief return of symptoms may be part of the natural history of" coronavirus infection in some people, regardless of Paxlovid treatment and vaccination status.

"I think there is understandable confusion when people hear about people rebounding," Fauci told the Times. "Don't confuse that with the original purpose of what Paxlovid is meant for. It's not meant to prevent you from rebounding. It's meant to prevent you from being hospitalized. I'm 81 years old, I was at risk for hospitalization and I didn't even come close to being sick enough to be hospitalized."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 9:55 am

Well...we all know that Dr. Fauci is the Antichrist ...foretold in the Book of Revelations, and that the hickey left on your arm by vaccinations is "The Mark of the Beast".

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 10:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Well...we all know that Dr. Fauci is the Antichrist ...foretold in the Book of Revelations, and that the hickey left on your arm by vaccinations is "The Mark of the Beast".
Anthony Fauci isn't the Antichrist; he's just a pathetic loser enjoying a power trip with the Election Infection he helped create. You're thinking of George Soros.

My rights don't end where your feeeelings begin!
Then they came for me. But by then, there was no one left to object.
If you're conservative when you're young, you have no heart! If you're liberal when you're mature, you have no brain!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:44 am

Aspie1 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Anthony Fauci isn't the Antichrist; he's just a pathetic loser enjoying a power trip with the Election Infection he helped create. You're thinking of George Soros.

I realize that George Soros is the puppet master behind all evil in the world, but even he isnt leaving marks on peoples' bodies the way that Fauci is.

So I think you have been fooled, and are blind to the fact that Fauci is the one actually fulfilling the Prophecy- by forcing us to accept...the Mark of the Beast!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 11:58 am

You’re all mistaken!

It’s actually the Rothchilds who are behind all this!

Aided and abetted by the descendants of the Knights Templar, with a boost from the Jesuits.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 3:43 pm

Lizard people, that's it.

All kidding aside with all these rebound cases when are they going to change the recommendation of Paxlovid from 5 days to 10?