Page 2 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:20 am

cyberdad wrote:
Very true, Carpe diem -"Seize the day". A free translation might be "Enjoy yourself while you have the chance".

"Write Direct Produce Do Your
Own Play Impossible to Copy"

-me

"Enjoy yourself while
You have the chance"

-'You'

And It's True i'm Not Nearly
As Interested in "Carpe diem -
Seize the day" As i Will Easily
Check Google And the Search

Engine Will Clearly Relate it is
Not Original Creativity As It's Already

Been Written as Finger Print of Someone Else's

Soul Deep Within That is An Authentic Measure in Art of Who They Are;

So Yeah, While The Authors of Merriam Webster Relate it the Way You Did too
Per "Enjoy yourself while you have the chance" This is never the less So True

So When is the Chance

As Now is THE Eternal

ReaLiTY of Now

Always
Changing New
At Level of Sub-Particle
And Below Spiraling Around Atoms
That We Consist of And the Rest of
Existence True Above So Below Smaller
And Larger The Same in "the Depth of the Story"

of Existence

For Real;

Okay, i Checked the Google
Search Engine And No One Has
the Phrase Identical to what i Related

And True to Make it Even More True i'll
Add a Word 'Now' For A Title of the Next Chapter
Always of my Life Now to Create A New Chapter Now

of "Write Direct Produce Do Your
Own Play Impossible to Copy Now"

As It's True of Course Someone May Copy
And Paste my Style and Even Name the Finger
Print This Essence of my Soul Theirs Yet Never

The Less For Those Who Worship Pyramids As Reflections
of Pharaoh's Who Paid Artisans to Design And Do The Art For Them

Who They Truly Bow Down
to Are the Unnamed SiGNaTuRE'S

of the Souls of the Artisans in the Art
They Create as the Pyramids Still Standing Now;

i'm Amused When i Visit the Catholic Church Each Week
to Study it As An Anthropology Observer Participant And Indeed

to Partake of the Communion of Love As i Never Sing A Song The Same
Way Each Note Unique And New As Every Sub-Atomic Particle Spiraling Around
Below and Above of me And Every Human Communion With Folks i've Known, Felt,
And Sensed For Decades is Unique and New For Every Human Interaction of Communion

NoW

i Make
And
Create
As Well
Eternally Anew
Now Wherever i Go
to Love Every Breath
Inhaling Peace Exhaling
Love Even More This Way
Giving Sharing Caring Healing
With Least Harm For All as i Travel Free

ThiS Way Naked Enough Whole Complete

As Indeed Some of my Words of Original Creativity
Change And i Do Indeed Copy And Paste Parts of my
Soul Coming to Page New of Past As Well Now For Real

Yet What's Really Amusing is To See The Priest Hold Up the Words in the
Same Old Book Copied And Pasted A Bit Differently Through the Ages yet

Never the Less now
the Same Old Book
Written By Ghost Authors

Under Dusty Covers Now From
Decades and Centuries Before

So Who Do They Worship Other than
The Story When They Raise the Book to 'The Heavens'

On Bended Knee; Yep All the Ghost Authors, Editors, And
Even Scribes Who Hand Wrote Every Mistake And Intentional Change
Through

Centuries
of a Some What
Open Source Method
of A Copy and Paste now

of Many Mixed And Matched
Scripts Doing the Best they Can
And Will Then to Make A Coherent Whole
of an Anthology of So Many Ghost Authors in One Book

Yet Still Instead of Writing A New Book They STiLL STicK With
Tradition Like Dead Hands on a CLocK No Matter How Antiquated
And Obviously Incorrect it is Now

Just Leaving No Room
For New And Improve;

Yet of Course Some Folks
Are More Conservative And Closed
Minded And Averse to Change And
Of Course This is Why Separation of

Church And State is So Important to Leave Room
For The 'Prophets' of More Open Minded Liberal Progression

of Souls Evolving More Than What's Under the Cover oF old

Dusty Antiquated
Books No Matter
How Close
to Sacred
And Holy
Folks Do Give Great
Thanks And Praise And
Worship For the Words of Ghost
Authors, Editors, And Scribes oF Old

As Literally ONLY One 'Voice' of God They Seem to Believe is True...

Once Again Holding Up An Idol of Book And Words of Others As God Incarnate

Trapped Under
One Cover of
A Book This Way
Yawn i'm not Claustrophobic

Yet if i Believed That Was
True i'd Surely Be Living in
A Very Small Bible Book of 'God' Indeed...

Just A Small Idol of 800,000 or So Words Under Cover Indeed...

Anyway, While i Still Haven't Put together the Last Novel Sized Free
Verse Long Form Poem Celebrating Every Breath of the Last Two Weeks or So

Yes As i Do This Regularly Around 55,000 Words or So Twice A Month or So

Just A Celebration, A Song of Soul of Life Eternally Now Real For Every Word of Song

And Every
Move of
Dance Always

Improving Balance
FRiEnDS with Gravity

As It's Impossible For A Human
Being to Ever Truly Perfect Balance
FRiEnDS with Gravity in a Dance and

The More We Attain this Peace of Mind
And Body the More We Have the Ability to

Exhale Love Along With This Great Inhale of Peace

So I Move On and In Adding the Word 'Now' As the
Title of my New Chapter Lengthens Now to "Write Direct Produce Do Your
Own Play Impossible to Copy Now" IT ACTUALLY BECOMES TRUE WITHOUT REFUTE

AS EVEN i Cannot Copy And Paste
Original Creativity of me of my SoUL
That Does Not exist on Page Until Now This Word

of SonG
or Move
of Dance New Now

And For Now at Least
i'll Copy And Paste This
Phrase Again for Real And
Welcome Anyone to Dance
And Sing it As They Might too As Well:

LOVE IS NOT A VESSEL
HELD IN JARS OR BOOKS
ALONE OR EVEN A ‘GOD’
AS LOVE IS FREE AS THE
WIND NO ONE OWNS ALONE
IN ANY RELIGION
ALONE OR
DUDE
FOR GOD
DAMNED REAL
Running Up That
Hill, Running Up that
Hill, Making A Deal With
Love To Come Again FOR Real...

WeLL It's True i Can And Will Do This

Yet Just As Easy in Human Warmth Just
Strolling A Dance Around my Neighborhood

Block i Have the Ability to Do Small Talk About the Weather

And in Doing So i've Come to Know in Great Depth Someone Who
Lives in Each House in My Neighborhood Now And In Dancing in Public

For 17,677 Miles For 105 Months Now in my Entire Metro Area, The Rest of
the Metro
Area Real

Community;
Several Hundred
Thousand Have Come

to At Least Recognize
me as Familiar As the Local
TV Weatherman in the Peak
of Hurricane Season With An Approaching

Dance Storm
of me Free Wherever
i Drift in Next Seeing
SMiLes Wherever i Go New Now

Just For the Presence of Who i Am For What i Do;

Yep Generating SMiLes Wherever i Go Dance; As It's true Back
in Hell Shut-in for 66 Months Without A Soul in my Building Home

The CuLTuRaL iLLuSoRY Emotion i Left Behind Was Fear Indeed

Naked Enough
Whole Complete

Will Accomplish

More Than the CuLTuRaL
Clothes of FearS in LieS Ever Before

in Spreading Each And Every SMiLe of Human
Warmth TSuNaMi of Joy i Become Now For Real i Am

Wherever i Go Dance;

And WHerever i Am
Not Welcome in Song
Of Free Verse Long Form
Poetry Now As God Yes i Still
Go As Give Yes Has Nothing
to Lose Now New Yet Receive When Truly Love And Fearless Real...

It's Really Hard to Understand Until Ya Actually Experience And Do Heaven ThiS Way New Now;

MeaNWhilE Some Folks Are Looking Forward/Dreading to Go to Either Heaven, Purgatory or Hell

in A Dirt Nap

Somewhere

God Knows Real

Now is All That Eternally Exists

So Yes i Make The Best of Now While
i Have This Chance Eternally Now Alive For Real

With
SMiLes And
It's True as i Dance Free
And SinG i Take Note of
Natives Eternally Now Yes
Literally Living In Hell Thru
Purgatory Beyond Rainbow
Colors of Heaven's Love Now me too, hehe...

FoR
ReAL..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 11:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
but yeah idk not sure how to present that to people exactly...like 'hey I don't have friends, want to be my friend'...seems it could come off a bit creepy.

This is a good starting point for reflection. As children friendship is organic because our brains haven't been contaminated by class, parental bias, self-interest and other socially constructed barriers that help cocoon us from the bulk of humanity.

As we get older it becomes harder to break somebody else's barrier, As we get older we insulate ourselves with more and more layers. At my age now it's inconceivable that I will make new friends.

A work colleague (a new staff) volunteered to bring in cooked food she made at home. She shared it with us. I was so shocked somebody bought me cooked food for no reason other than to share that I remarked why is she doing this? she burst into tears as she was emotionally fragile over how her co-workers would perceive her attempt at being nice. I felt like a right dufus/uncaring for blurting that out. Another female colleague told me that's why she doesn't bring food to work because she knows nobody else would appreciate the act or reciprocate.

Coming out wanting to be friends is making yourself vulnerable. There is a high chance the act of offering your palm in friendship is going to be rejected or (more likely) ignored. The worst is where there is a culture of coldness and distance in a workplace where those in charge maintain hierarchical distance. And oh the irony when I hear them talk about the "mental health crisis" when they are the ones perpetuating the loneliness their subordinates feel.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 4:23 pm

It seems like loneliness with all other things considered isn't quite as bad (at least for an introvert) as loneliness plus chronic financial insecurity and constant shakeups on stressed economies, in which case you don't know who could grab you up for something akin to sweat shop labor simply because what graces life gave you didn't sustain themselves long term.

Even with a handful of close friends, parents I'm still close with, etc.. I do feel like a bit of a void dweller and I probably have always been one but I just didn't have social media to reflect that back at me (I can't think of many of my friends for example, if any, whose posts regularly get zero responses - and I'm not eye-gouging people or acting the fool on there).

I'm at least glad that Japan, and possibly the UK, are taking action on this. It seems like whoever it hits first, especially if it starts cutting into GDP, it gets meaningful. I'm starting to wonder if Japan might be, just out of sheer necessity, one of the first countries to figure out something like the dating and demographics crisis and ways to start repopulating again. Similarly there's only an incentive to create loneliness as a particularly vampiric economic system tries to drink every drop of a person's life and keep all ten fingers and ten toes plugged into revenue-making all the time, and then the bill for that approach comes due when birth rate plummets in the next generation or where there's so little left to call 'culture' that those who are born at that time show that they went through an education system in retreat. Even just thinking in terms of pure brass tacks and refusing to give a ---- about the quality of human life in that system, this is a place where even systemic greed needs to pay attention unless it's individual agents having a massive pump-and-dump on the system in which case wow, it would be a generation of model sociopaths (my hope though is that this is not quite as pronounced as misaligned incentives).

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 5:15 pm

All of what you are saying is correct, but we are willing participants in this enterprise. This is perhaps the saddest aspect of this rise in loneliness. Essentially we have internalised the values of this system where we value a fellow person's worth based on their economic value which becomes a indicator of their social value. Guilty as charged.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 5:21 pm

cyberdad wrote:
All of what you are saying is correct, but we are willing participants in this enterprise. This is perhaps the saddest aspect of this rise in loneliness. Essentially we have internalised the values of this system where we value a fellow person's worth based on their economic value which becomes a indicator of their social value. Guilty as charged.

I don't know that this is quite the case.

If the whole game of going out and meeting people is stabbing whoever you can convince yourself is of slightly lower status, and better yet - even if you don't do that the 'winner' of the situation is the person who does chose to do that, then there's no game theory conducive to building healthy relationships. It's figuring out who the sucker in the room is and, if you can't figure out who it is then its you. Any idea that people will just suck it up and go meet people would require a place where there's no social status or mating opportunities to be mugged/extracted from other participants. Pretty much the shittiest person in the room wins hands down and the only thing you do do is make the whole thing so undesirable that there's no poaching game to be had.

It's a classic multipolar trap.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 5:25 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

I don't know that this is quite the case.

If the whole game of going out and meeting people is stabbing whoever you can convince yourself is of slightly lower status, and better yet - even if you don't do that the 'winner' of the situation is the person who does chose to do that, then there's no game theory conducive to building healthy relationships. It's figuring out who the sucker in the room is and, if you can't figure out who it is then its you. Any idea that people will just suck it up and go meet people would require a place where there's no social status or mating opportunities to be mugged/extracted from other participants. Pretty much the shittiest person in the room wins hands down and the only thing you do do is make the whole thing so undesirable that there's no poaching game to be had.

It's a classic multipolar trap.

I posit we do this subconsciously. Hence the values are internalised from a young age. For example a mother in a playground first instills who a child is allowed to play with, if a "less worthy" child comes in view you'll hear the parent say "let's go Johnny"

Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 8:12 pm

I went to Tokyo's equivalent to Central Park this weekend and people behaved as if on a catwalk, flexing their social status with all the markers they could muster -- clothes, accessories, muscles, boyfriend/girlfriend, kids, wife/husband, size of friendship group, etc. Even my wife mentioned afterwards that we went by another foreign husband/Japanese wife combo with a baby, instinctively she and the other mom checked out each other's baby to determine who's the cutest.

Life here circles around a never-ending race in the fleeting world. No wonder many feel lonely, when the walls people put up against one another are sky-high.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 1:42 am

1986 wrote:
I. Even my wife mentioned afterwards that we went by another foreign husband/Japanese wife combo with a baby, instinctively she and the other mom checked out each other's baby to determine who's the cutest.

Yes your wife is perceptive. And this is when the small babies start to internalise mommy's biases. It explains why children as young as 5-7 start to develop dissatisfaction with whom they are (how come Daddy's friend has a Tesla and we don't) and other characteristics like their appearance (why am I fat mommy). Often the other mothers are not self-aware they are doing this.

So begins the long road to loneliness

Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 2:56 am

It's really hard. Everyone knows that's how the system works, but rather than collectively changing it everyone is pitted against everyone else to try to survive and thrive. Or is any attempt to change it failed already, and the situation simply a reflection of how people behave psychologically?

The mantra in my family was success at any cost. As long as you had a Mercedes and a house twice the size of your friends, you were all right. Maybe that's the implicit bias I'm blissfully unaware that I'm transferring, I dunno. I wish I were a hero parent who knew everything. :ninja:

SkinnedWolf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 3:15 am

1986 wrote:
Life here circles around a never-ending race in the fleeting world. No wonder many feel lonely, when the walls people put up against one another are sky-high.

This is the culture of the whole East Asia.
Whether you should feel happy or not only depends on whether you have an advantage in comparison with the people around you.

1986 wrote:
It's really hard. Everyone knows that's how the system works, but rather than collectively changing it everyone is pitted against everyone else to try to survive and thrive. Or is any attempt to change it failed already, and the situation simply a reflection of how people behave psychologically?

There have been countless bloody revolutions in this land that have tried to overthrow the current vested interests - to make themselves new vested interests.
Poisonous soil produces poisonous fruit. Nothing will help until the soil itself changes.

When residents in narrow land compete for limited resources, everyone will put in a lot of excessive efforts with diminishing marginal effects to ensure that they win in this competition group. We political discussants' jargon for this is "Involution".

Cover your eyes, if you like. It will serve no purpose.

You might expect to be able to crush them in your hand, into wolf-bone fragments.
Dance with me, funeralxempire. Into night's circle we fly, until the fire enjoys us.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 3:23 am

1986 wrote:
Everyone knows that's how the system works, but rather than collectively changing it everyone is pitted against everyone else to try to survive and thrive. Or is any attempt to change it failed already, and the situation simply a reflection of how people behave psychologically?:

Yes very perceptive. In order to survive and thrive you have to be a willing participant in the system. The moment you either choose to not play the game OR you don't play as well as others OR you can't participate then you feel alone.

I know there are people who claim you can "go off the grid" and escape the rat race but all that happens is you find yourself alone, Infact you can feel alone in a city of millions of people and this is the root of the problem;.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 3:28 am

SkinnedWolf wrote:
Poisonous soil produces poisonous fruit. Nothing will help until the soil itself changes.

When residents in narrow land compete for limited resources, everyone will put in a lot of excessive efforts with diminishing marginal effects to ensure that they win in this competition group. We political discussants' jargon for this is "Involution".

Good ponts ^^^

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 5:43 am

I was just going to say that the UK has a Minister for Loneliness but I see it was mentioned above. Fat lot of good it does the UK though. We are still as lonely as ever.

Everyone I meet online says they are lonely and have few or no friends in real life. After a hell of a lot of effort, I made 2 real life friends, although one of those is the type of person who is friends with every single person they know, a really popular person. So I'm just one of the crowd.

I do blame the internet/social media for the rise in loneliness. But if it wasn't for the internet/social media, would we connect more in real life? Or just be lonelier? It's a vicious circle/ catch 22.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 5:54 am

KitLily wrote:
I do blame the internet/social media for the rise in loneliness. But if it wasn't for the internet/social media, would we connect more in real life? Or just be lonelier? It's a vicious circle/ catch 22.

I stopped going to work functions because everyone just stares at their phone.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 7:59 am

cyberdad wrote:
I posit we do this subconsciously. Hence the values are internalised from a young age. For example a mother in a playground first instills who a child is allowed to play with, if a "less worthy" child comes in view you'll hear the parent say "let's go Johnny"

Here's the trouble though - it's what people do to win zero-sum games with other people, and it works. That's why it's really unlikely to be fixed in our lifetimes. Giving up the trump card means giving victory to someone else, and if genes are all that matters then there's no way in hell anyone would volunteer that unless they're on the spectrum.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 6:42 am

cyberdad wrote:
KitLily wrote:

I stopped going to work functions because everyone just stares at their phone.

Yes. Exactly. It's hard to get anyone's attention anymore because they are glued to their phones, even if you are having a serious problem.