Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 4:49 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm not going to work from home, it's out of the question. My apartment has too many distractions and noise 24/7 from the upstairs neighbours. I like to get out and work with people. Why do Aspies advise me to work from home all the time? It's not the right solution to my problem.

It's the autism forum equivalent of get a Miata.

Enough people have the dream of being able to work from home (or have implemented it and benefited) that it's almost more of a meme than an answer at this point.

Of course, if you get a Miata you've got a good excuse for not wanting to work from home. :mrgreen:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 7:28 pm

I don't know what a miata is but I love my job which is why I'm afraid of losing it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 7:53 pm

Isn't your job a government job? That would make it less likely that you would be found redundant.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 8:32 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I don't know what a miata is but I love my job which is why I'm afraid of losing it.

A Miata is a little Mazda convertible. 'Get a Miata' often serves as a generic, one-size fits all answer that often fails to take into account the needs or preferences of the person asking for advice; at least in the sorts of spaces where one might be asking for that sort of advice.

Like the advice you're receiving. They're giving you the advice they'd like to take, or the advice they did and could take, and ignoring what your situation and your wants and needs.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う