Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jasmine83
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jun 2022, 2:46 am

I am wanting to open an autism center in my area. What are some steps that I need to take or who to contact to get this started? I have created the beginning of a business plan. Funding would be a big factor. Does anybody have any suggestions/ideas? Thanks in advance!

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 3:12 am

Get in contact with people who have done it before

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 6:08 am

most areas (in the USA at least) have Small business association or downtown development, enterprise support centers or the like. You might get good information from other similar organizations in other localities. Also contact your state agencies that license and certify businesses and organizations (designations for tax purpose would be various depending on how you set up your business- not for profit, etc) you will want to check for zoning requirements (you probably couldn't do it in your home, for example) so check also with entities like chamber of commerce if your location has one, and also check with your city or county to see what regulations or zoning/variance/permits are required . You might consider getting a business lawyer to draw up official charter, etc. they could also guide you about what else is needed for your specific situation from a legal standpoint.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 6:19 am

Depends if it’s for adults or kids?

If it’s for kids you’ll run into multiple health and safety considerations and it will be very complex to do.

If for hf adults it will likely be a lot easier although you will need advice to prevent yourself being sued

- George Bernie Shaw