Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2022, 7:15 pm

Hi,
My name is Christine and I was diagnosed with autism; as well as all 5 major anxiety disorders. So, that has included ocd, generalized anxiety, social anxiety, ptsd, and panic disorder. It seems like everyday is such a struggle with having these thoughts that seem like they'll never end and they just become racing thoughts in my head. I just got switched from buspirone 15 mg 2 x day to now 30 mg 2 x day and hopefully that will work because if not my psychiatrist has decided that he'll up my prozac and see if that can help, but i've been on antidepressants before for anxiety and they haven't made a huge difference. Is there anyone else who has been diagnosed with all the types of anxiety or close to it. Sometimes I just feel like i'm an alien in my own head and body.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 9:03 pm

I got hit with...OCD, GAD, Panic Disorder and PTSD, along with the Autism and a couple of other non-anxiety disorder things, so I guess you're not alone. Some of us are acronym and label factories it seems. :| My personality is apparently fine, however. :?

To be honest, the only thing that worked to an appreciable amount was Zyprexa, which was there for something else. Antidepressants and Benzodiazepines didn't do all that much for me with the anxiety and panic. Psychiatric never tried Buspirone, Hydroxyzine or some of the other things with me. It's not all that fun, especially in the first several years of such. Sorry. Over the years, they should naturally lessen, well, so they say, but they seem to have with me on the same medications. Maybe they're right there.

Distraction seemed and seems to help me the most when it comes to non-pharmaceutical things.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2022, 9:19 pm

Thanks. Hopefully the buspar work because i'm on the maximum dosage right now. But if not hopefully the antidepressants can.

christinejarvis21
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Jun 2022, 9:22 pm

Sometimes I don't even know why these racing thoughts start.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2022, 10:53 pm

Sometimes there's no reason for them. Panic Disorder can include subclinical panic, a constant simmering of such, and you then start looking for why you're feeling the way you are (Panic Disorder also causing panic attacks for no reason). That's what I chalk my anxiety up to when there's no specific thoughts triggering such, and a psychiatrist agreed with that one. Anxiety which leads into thoughts, then said thoughts in turn increase the anxiety as you find ones that make you anxious, and this continues into that anxiety loop that is hard to get out of.

There's a lot of anti-anxiety medications out there, so if they don't work much better at increased dosages, there's no need to be discouraged. There's usually something out there for everyone, as neurotransmitters are hard. Here's hoping they work for you.