Did I do the right thing or should I ha stood up for myself?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 9:50 am

Once on my birthday in a social setting I started talking to this woman who I never met before. I said to her about having relationships that "Age is just a number" and she then said to me something along the lines of "You sound like a kiddy fiddler". She didn't say that in a joking way either.

Looking back do you think I should have insulted her back and stood up for myself or do you think I did the right by keeping quiet?

The woman who made the comments was the same age as me by the way so it's not like she was 18.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 11:14 am

You did right by keeping quiet.

Why do you obsess over past events?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 11:30 am

Fnord wrote:
You did right by keeping quiet.

Why do you obsess over past events?

It only happened last september

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 11:55 am

Sounds like she is just trying to start trouble. Cos there's no way you can get paedophilia from that.

There's no winning response other than not to react to that. Agree with fnord

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 11:57 am

klanka wrote:
Sounds like she is just trying to start trouble. Cos there's no way you can get paedophilia from that.

There's no winning response other than not to react to that. Agree with fnord

I have been mention many times before but in the pub scene I have been labelled pedophile for some strange reason?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 2:57 pm

So you're saying she started a rumour and it gained traction, so some people believe it?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:21 pm

klanka wrote:
So you're saying she started a rumour and it gained traction, so some people believe it?

No not her I think some guys in my social circle started the rumour back in 2018.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:24 pm

If its still there, thats pretty bad. Seems like you're gettin sabotaged. I had a bad reputation among my friends from school (for being autistic basically), but still managed to score here and there as a teenager.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:25 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have been mention many times before but in the pub scene I have been labelled pedophile for some strange reason?

Yes this seems to happen to you a lot. It's as though people are sensing that there is something different or strange or odd about you and the only thing they can come up with is to call you a paedophile.

I've met people like you before and I've also met people like the ones who keep saying these things to you as well. Unfortunately they will always come out on top because...well that's just the way it is.

I don't know why she would have said such a thing to you. Sounds like she has issues to me. It's best if you just walk away from these people.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:29 pm

babybird wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Yes this seems to happen to you a lot. It's as though people are sensing that there is something different or strange or odd about you and the only thing they can come up with is to call you a paedophile.

I've met people like you before and I've also met people like the ones who keep saying these things to you as well. Unfortunately they will always come out on top because...well that's just the way it is.

I don't know why she would have said such a thing to you. Sounds like she has issues to me. It's best if you just walk away from these people.

I have been labelled gay as well a lot.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:32 pm

Yes. Maybe if they knew that you are actually autistic they might not call you these names but then if you're anything like me you would rather keep that private.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:36 pm

babybird wrote:
Yes. Maybe if they knew that you are actually autistic they might not call you these names but then if you're anything like me you would rather keep that private.

A lot of them knew I was autistic

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:41 pm

You'd think that they would have grown out of this type of name calling by now if they are your age.

I mean at 32 years of age most "Normal" people are too involved with their own lives and families.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:43 pm

are they Q-tarts? they really sound like it.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 3:45 pm

What's a Q-Tart?

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2022, 4:07 pm

a more polite way of saying Q-tard. Not that im all that polite, :jester: When Q was at its peak I was on a site where 'tard' would trigger a swear filter, so we called them tarts