FINA bans trans atheletes from women's swimming

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 3:00 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Perhaps a better solution is to do away with all sports divisions. Just one division for everyone.

So you expect women to compete with men in sports like boxing and wrestling? That doesn't sound very reasonable.

Yes, I know that there can be only one truly best at something, in the Highlander sort of way, but this would result in no women competing for top awards in some sports and no men in the other. Picture selection for Olympic delegations where sports have no gender divisions.

It was a conversation with Walrus, not a statement of my belief. My belief is that in general transwomen should be barred from women's sports and all titles and records belonging to transwomen annulled.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 8:26 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Mikah wrote:
Perhaps a better solution is to do away with all sports divisions. Just one division for everyone.

So you expect women to compete with men in sports like boxing and wrestling? That doesn't sound very reasonable.

Yes, I know that there can be only one truly best at something, in the Highlander sort of way, but this would result in no women competing for top awards in some sports and no men in the other. Picture selection for Olympic delegations where sports have no gender divisions.

Performance depends on (nature versus nurture)

Nature:. Height, weight, percent fat, strength, speed, health

Nurture:. Better training, cash

The rest of "life", outside of sports, is already "survival of the fittest" enough

Someone will always have an unfair advantage at athletic competitions

Conclusion: Just get rid of all athletic competitions

Aero_T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2022, 4:25 am

Nades wrote:
Mikah wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Yes - some people will always have advantages over others.

Fallon Fox will love this idea. She can beat all the women she desires to a senseless bloody pulp as she seems so keen on women beating anyway.

(I'm really struggling to call her a she considering her appalling behaviour)

Then don't?
Why call a male person 'she'?

I do not understand why men, how ever they identify, were ever allowed in the women's category for any sport. I hope this assertion of fairness and common sese by FINA is followed by other sporting bodies.