Biological understanding of human condition

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 12:55 am

I ran into YouTube ad that promised to teach me to understand people 100 percents by understanding what they do biologically. I haven’t had time to go through it, so I am not in a position to agree or disagree with it. But I will post it both for myself and for others. Whoever has time to watch it, any summary and your opinion is much appreciated. Here it goes:

https://www.humancondition.com/

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Jun 2022, 12:58 pm

QFT wrote:
YouTube ad that promised to teach me to understand people 100 percents by understanding what they do biologically
Really? With your education, you believe in this kind of quackery?
You should have really known better how science works and in particular you should have known that anyone who offers to make you understand something "100%" is a charlatain, not a scientist.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 1:59 pm

magz wrote:
QFT wrote:
YouTube ad that promised to teach me to understand people 100 percents by understanding what they do biologically
Really? With your education, you believe in this kind of quackery?  You should have really known better how science works and in particular you should have known that anyone who offers to make you understand something "100%" is a charlatan, not a scientist.
It is another quasi-religious movement that promises hope to the hopeless -- a cult, in other words, nothing more.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2022, 2:11 pm

The term for that is 'red pill'.

I'm going to say - stick with the scientists. Stick with people like David Buss, Geoffrey Miller, Diana Fleischman, Gad Saad, etc.

Otherwise it's probably David DeAngelo 2.0.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin