Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 12:08 am

Hi guys.

At the moment I am at the beginning of a project to promote awareness and prevention of bullying and Asperger's Syndrome with a psychologist Chris Szaday a friend of mine. It will be a book and DVD combined. I am looking to get contributions for it from people with Asperger's Syndrome (aged 10+) who have been bullied in the workplace, school or society in general.

I would like to get their/your story, how they dealt with the bullying, how they think AS contributed, strategies for dealing with bullying and promoting a safe and secure society for those with AS. Just first names are fine or a fake name if you feel more comfortable. If you know anyone or would like to be involved.

I would also be interested to hear from parents of Aspies who were bullied and I would like to get your story, how you dealt with the bullying of your son/daughter, how you think AS contributed, strategies for dealing with bullying and promoting a safe and secure society for those with AS.

Please send them to email address [email protected] as an attachment

Thanks.

tomamil
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 4:55 am

i will reply to this right here. you wouldn't include my story to your book anyway :)

Some people tried to bully me at the basic school, but what I did was that I went into fight even against the three guys who used to try it on me. Every single one of them would outfight me easily, so it was pretty clear that I am going to get beaten. I didn’t care, though. I was not afraid of physical pain. Or better said, I didn’t care to feel it. The outcome was surprising to me. They stopped bullying me. Although they knew I am no problem to get me under control, it was still more difficult with me than with the other children who didn’t resist. So, they focused on someone else.

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 5:14 am

Hi,

I'm still planning to email you, I've just been ill with a horrible stomach bug, so haven't had a chance yet. I'll try to email you someting soon.

Thanks

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2007, 7:42 am

girl7000 wrote:
Hi,

I'm still planning to email you, I've just been ill with a horrible stomach bug, so haven't had a chance yet. I'll try to email you someting soon.

Thanks

I hope you recover soon and I look forward to receiving your email very soon. Get better.

ster
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:34 am

will see if hubby and son are interested.............they both have lots of stories to tell.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 7:41 am

I've certainly got some stories to tell.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Catster2
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 8:42 am

I look forward to recieving all your stories ASAP it will allow me to make this project really work.