Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

DriftingNeptune
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jun 2022, 8:55 pm

I feel physically and emotionally cut off from humanity.

Sometimes I don't mind this; yesterday I researched hydrogen fuel cells and was completely happy, but then I feel guilty for not working on the other (more important?) areas of my life and get completely overwhelmed by how much there is to do.

I always get reminded of how alone I am. The confusingly or suddenly ended "friendships". My lack of employment. My messy surroundings. How disconnected I feel in the outside world. I wish I didn't have to exist in front of other people any more. I wish I could run to a remote part of the country and hide out for a little while, so that I only had to exist in front of myself. I feel misunderstood and I think since Covid my communication and social skills are even worse.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 6:10 am

Its ok sweetheart...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 6:17 am

Hydrogen fuel cells are our future.

It’s useful to research them.

Just don’t forget about other aspects of life.

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2022, 6:58 am

Reading this really struck me because I'm feeling all of this too. I used to not mind so much - feeling so cut off, but lately it's becoming quite difficult.
I really empathise here.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 8:14 am

Yeah. Alone, unemployed and a nobody here.

I went the hermit route in the middle of nowhere. There's nice people out there, some you can connect to, but...circumstance usually makes it difficult for those with Autism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 8:22 am

^I listen to you about the COVID virus---that's for sure (yeah.....it's technically not the COVID virus, but the SARS-2 virus----but I'm using the colloquial term).

You seem to have talents which would be useful in the working world, I believe.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 9:25 am

Thanks dude.

If it's anything, my knowledge on specific things is passed on to others in their respective fields if it's of use, as I have contacts via family and long ago things. I guess I still help out here and there, and I use my brain when I can. So, even if isolated and withdrawn from the world, I'm still part of it. Which might be a lesson or parable of some type.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 10:00 am

I can relate. Researching stuff in taking things in. Keeping my house my stuff and my relationships with others up is letting me out. The second can feel more vulnerable.

But if we can relate to each other maybe we aren’t so alone.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2022, 10:03 am

It is difficult when the stuff you enjoy doesn't bring you money or help your career

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 7:08 pm

Welcome to my life, Miss Neptune.