trump supporters - your reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 10:44 am

I'm curious if we have any trump supporters on the site who would be so brave as to share their reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Think it's all politically motivated smoke & mirrors witch hunt to slander trump's name ? Changed your mind about trump and his actions in office/personal motivations etc and no longer support him the same as you did before ? Some other reaction(s) ? :?

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not interested in attacking you for whatever you believe. I'm legit curious what those who support(ted) the man think of the J6 hearings. Ofc this means I assume you've watched/listened to them (I've listened to the first 3 so far, might listen to the 4th tonight) vs. have not seen/heard them. If you support(ted) him And have not/will not see the J6 hearings, feel free to explain that pov too. Personally, I think everyone who cares about his politics one way or the other ought to see them for an informed perspective of what the hearings contain vs. refusing to view them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 10:48 am

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 10:55 am

Fnord wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 11:49 am

I have an epipen in case GF needs it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 2:43 pm

The fourth session was especially poignant.....

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2022, 3:37 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

That’s what I hear. I’m sure it’s worth watching/listening to.

What I wonder is if trump supporters are tuning in and if it’s changing their thoughts about the man, or not.

IIRC last I heard 60% of Americans polled believe trump should be criminally charged over the events of the 6th. And I’m pretty sure there isn’t a 60/40 Democrat/Republican split.. and I doubt the difference is all Independents, either. Math says at least Some Republican voters must now be in that group.

ilovepalmtrees
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jun 2022, 11:59 pm

I dont think there are any Trump supporters on this forum but my neighbor is a Trump supporter. When I told him Trump incited the capitol riots, he told me that the US constitution explicitly says that people have the right to enter capitol buildings and the fact that Trump incited this is just a propaganda and I need to stop watching mainstream news.

A former classmate posted on his FB page that democrats were creating fake votes to make Trump lose and Trump is right.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 12:31 am

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That’s what I hear. I’m sure it’s worth watching/listening to.

What I wonder is if trump supporters are tuning in and if it’s changing their thoughts about the man, or not.

IIRC last I heard 60% of Americans polled believe trump should be criminally charged over the events of the 6th. And I’m pretty sure there isn’t a 60/40 Democrat/Republican split.. and I doubt the difference is all Independents, either. Math says at least Some Republican voters must now be in that group.

6 in 10 Americans say Trump should be charged for Jan. 6 riot
19 percent of Republicans according to the poll.
Off Topic
As far as the all the claims here that the hearings are a game-changer, Not much. "That's up slightly from late April, before the hearings began, when an ABC News/Washington Post poll found that 52% of Americans thought the former president should be charged." Once the hearings are over the numbers will probably go back down to what they were before the hearings.

One reason is these hearings are not being followed closely by Americans. "Democrats are more likely to be following the hearings. Overall, 34% of Americans are following the hearings very or somewhat closely, with 43% of Democrats and 22% of Republicans saying so. In a reminder of where political attention is, just under one in 10 (9%) Americans say they are following the hearings very closely.

While it is understandable that people want Trump jailed and in my humble opinion justice demands it, be careful what you wish for. There is nothing, nothing in the constitution preventing Trump from running and winning back the Presidency from prison.

I will grant you that for the first time there are indications the base is moving away from Trump. From what I have read this is a practical thing, the realization that the election they believe was stolen can not be undone at this late stage. Trumpism has not withered.

Let's say Trump does not win the nomination. Who do you get DeSantis? He is a smarter, younger, and more stable version of Trump. That would arguably be worse. It bears repeating, be careful what you wish for.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 8:17 am

Strange . . . so far, there is no reaction from Trump fans.

We should expect to see a few pages of pro-Trump rhetoric by now, complete with references to BLM, CRT, the Clintons, the Obamas, "Fake News", "Cancel Culture", and "Owning the Libs".

Are they all embarrassed to admit they were wrong?  Are they all ashamed that the truth is finally coming out?  Have they all finally grown tired of fighting an uphill battle against the forces of fact and reason?  Have they all finally grown up?

Or did they all just leave?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:14 pm

I could pretend to be a Trump supporter:

They are ONLY making a big deal out if this because Trump is a Republican. If this were about a Democrat, NOBODY would say ANYTHING.

Also, the media is blowing this WAY out of proportion. Never trust the media, I always say. All the news that I need comes from my favorite Christian broadcaster and Ben Shapiro (I try to overlook that he’s a Jew; I know that he’s a Christian at heart).

If things keep on going how they are going, we are going to turn into communist China. Before you know it, they are going to take little Jimmy’s gun which he uses to shoot at squirrels and JWs from the back porch.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:47 pm

I see Trump as a necessary evil. If anything he was a chance re-roll the dice. I have to say, I've done pretty good for myself during those years, and reached important milestones in my life. Whether that's directly attributed, is of course debatable.

Politically I'm an independent.

As for the hearings, I care precious little as Trump already completed the primary objective in 2016 by upsetting the political establishment, served his purpose and is no longer essential.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:48 pm

Some men just like to watch the world burn.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 4:09 pm

^ *pulls out a lawn chair, cracks open a cold one*

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 8:09 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I'm curious if we have any trump supporters on the site who would be so brave as to share their reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Brave enough? Why would it take bravery? Please be specific.
I voted for Trump in '16 and again in '20. Rest assured I will do so again in '24 if either he or DeSantis runs. From a liberal perspective DeSantis could be worse, he doesn't f#ck around.

Quote:
Think it's all politically motivated smoke & mirrors witch hunt to slander trump's name ? Changed your mind about trump and his actions in office/personal motivations etc and no longer support him the same as you did before ? Some other reaction(s) ? :?

I'm genuinely curious. I'm not interested in attacking you for whatever you believe. I'm legit curious what those who support(ted) the man think of the J6 hearings. Ofc this means I assume you've watched/listened to them (I've listened to the first 3 so far, might listen to the 4th tonight) vs. have not seen/heard them. If you support(ted) him And have not/will not see the J6 hearings, feel free to explain that pov too. Personally, I think everyone who cares about his politics one way or the other ought to see them for an informed perspective of what the hearings contain vs. refusing to view them.

Please, by all means, attack all you want and with all you have. Real Americans love the clash and sting of battle. :twisted:

As for the J/6 hearings, I didn't watch it and don't know too many people who did. We are neither embarrassed or ashamed, it just doesn't interest us. The “resurrection” to me, when it happened, looked about as serious as a super bowl halftime show.

A real insurrection would take months or even years of intelligence gathering, analysis, and planning. The execution of it would rip much deeper into the fabric with a tremendous shock and awe effect. I could write pages and pages on how I would like to see it carried out but I have no desire to spend the time on it. Besides, what purpose would it serve?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 9:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I voted for Trump in '16 and again in '20. Rest assured I will do so again in '24 if either he or DeSantis runs. From a liberal perspective DeSantis could be worse, he doesn't f#ck around.

Quote:

Please, by all means, attack all you want and with all you have. Real Americans love the clash and sting of battle. :twisted:

As for the J/6 hearings, I didn't watch it and don't know too many people who did. We are neither embarrassed or ashamed, it just doesn't interest us. The “resurrection” to me, when it happened, looked about as serious as a super bowl halftime show.

A real insurrection would take months or even years of intelligence gathering, analysis, and planning. The execution of it would rip much deeper into the fabric with a tremendous shock and awe effect. I could write pages and pages on how I would like to see it carried out but I have no desire to spend the time on it. Besides, what purpose would it serve?

Off Topic
Welcome back

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 10:16 pm

Raptor wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Quote:

Sooo, you're opting not to watch any of it to avoid learning any facts contained in it that might challenge your perspective ? :? That's the way it seems to me. I highly doubt that people aren't watching simply because it does not interest them... you'd think someone interested in trump would want to watch just to know more about the guy and what he's being accused of and what the alleged facts are and so on vs. choosing to remain ignorant about all that's known about the 6th, what led up to it, and what's happened since. IMO, anyways.

People died and many more were injured. Many people are in jail over it. It was pretty serious by many different metrics.. but most of all by how close they came to destroying American democracy. That's some pretty serious stuff.