trump supporters - your reactions to the J6 hearings ?

Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,011
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Jun 2022, 3:31 pm

Misslizard wrote:
/\He uses orange Kool-aid as spray tanner.


:lol: :lol: :lol:


_________________
-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Age: 58
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,784
Location: Aux Arcs

30 Jun 2022, 4:06 pm

Here is his wig farm.
Image


_________________
I am the dust that dances in the light. - Rumi


r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2016
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,403
Location: Virginia

30 Jun 2022, 4:14 pm

You'll bask in the warm and fuzzy memories of Trump when a DeSantis or a Pence type comes around. :wink:


_________________
I've reached the end.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,366
Location: Northern California

01 Jul 2022, 2:15 am

Raptor wrote:
Just out of curiosity; did any of you who are all wrapped around the axle over “The Insurrection” :roll: actually look at images and video of it taking place? You see, we on the right tend to be results oriented and don't believe in participation trophies and “The Insurrection” :roll: was merely a participation trophy event. Trying to take an objective (the US Capitol) that you KNOW you can't hold or even do anything meaningful with is laughable. It was a pointless objective from the get-go and all about symbolism. Well, I guess we can at least say say that their hearts were in the right place.....what little good it's done.

And to save continuous and wasteful back and forth dialogue all day I'll go ahead and answer in advance what questions might arise. Well, the gist of them.

Question: So Raptor, are you implying that you endorse amend insurrection?!?!
Answer: Yes, when necessary. Let your imaginations run with the details. :twisted: :twisted:

Question: I suppose you're one of those right wing lunatics who believes the 2020 election was rigged.
Answer: As I and just about everyone else I've spoken to about it has observed: **YES**

Question: So why the long absence? I mean, I think you are a troll and a bully but I can't help but wonder.
Answer: Why not? My life has changed for the better (and it was good before :D ) since early 2016 which is why my posting here has become more on and off over the past six years and change. Besides, most of the threads I posted in were either “gunz-r-bad” or “orange man bad” threads. Even a professional horse beater gets bored with beating the same two dead horses after a while. I doubt I will be here long this time so enjoy me while it lasts.
:jester:


If you are still thinking of Jan 6th as a single, one-day event, you are missing the big picture. None of this is limited to what happened on that one day. But was what happened just on that one day bad? Yes. People were hurt, and the lives of our elected officials were, indeed, threatened. Just because it eventually fell apart doesn't mean there wasn't a more serious intent. Why care about the intent? Because next time it might not fall apart. Next time the i's could dot and the t's cross. And, well, we shouldn't allow anyone in office who believes they have a right to overthrow the constitution when they don't like an election result. The peaceful transition of power is ESSENTIAL to Democracy.

If you listen to the testimony, plenty of supporters of Trump asked to see evidence the election was fraudulent and would have considered acting if they had seen proof. No proof was ever provided, and they knew their duty was to the constitution, not one man, so they stuck with the law. The courts asked to see evidence when challenges were filed. Again, never provided. Whatever evidence you think you know exists has not held up under scrutiny. Believe as you wish, but anyone who acts with violence, or attempts to subvert the law, on belief and not HARD evidence, is destroying, not rescuing, our constitution, our nation, and our Democracy.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,158
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

01 Jul 2022, 11:43 am

^ Agree with all that. Just wanted to point out that it's still ongoing at every level. trump and his ppl tried to install trump loyalists at every level - even the highest levels of the DOJ - while he was in office. Even since he's been out of office the GOP seems to be a far better operating machine than the democratic party.. they've been working full steam ahead to install "new republican style," (trumpists? trumpism beyond trump/whoever is next ?) people at every level of government they can possibly control. There were headlines about trying to install proud boys in some county/state government, there are plenty of stories about republicans taking over school boards across the country in order to push their views on educating the next generation (not good, IMO), cities, counties, states, federal agencies etc - this is far reaching beyond regular partisan politics of "of Course we want members of our party to get elected!" to "they're installing these people in order to have loyalists to a person or party and not the rule of law so that their next attempt at seizing power through non-democratic voting means might just succeed.." sort of thing. There's still a slow moving coup being set in motion by people who must believe they cannot possibly win in an election so they'll take control by force.

Scary isht. I do hope that American democracy continues, as flawed as it is. (Same same for Canada - our democracy is not perfect, but it's better than fascism or some other authoritarian style gov't.)

*waiting for someone who truly supports this stuff to come and explain to me/us Why they support it and how they think it's better for the country/citizens/businesses/economy etc* <-- that's an actual debate worth having. I'm on the side of "No, no, no this is terrible!" so I'm curious how they can truly believe this sort of change would be a positive one. For who? (besides the people in power at the top?)


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,366
Location: Northern California

07 Jul 2022, 6:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
^ Agree with all that. Just wanted to point out that it's still ongoing at every level. trump and his ppl tried to install trump loyalists at every level - even the highest levels of the DOJ - while he was in office. Even since he's been out of office the GOP seems to be a far better operating machine than the democratic party.. they've been working full steam ahead to install "new republican style," (trumpists? trumpism beyond trump/whoever is next ?) people at every level of government they can possibly control. There were headlines about trying to install proud boys in some county/state government, there are plenty of stories about republicans taking over school boards across the country in order to push their views on educating the next generation (not good, IMO), cities, counties, states, federal agencies etc - this is far reaching beyond regular partisan politics of "of Course we want members of our party to get elected!" to "they're installing these people in order to have loyalists to a person or party and not the rule of law so that their next attempt at seizing power through non-democratic voting means might just succeed.." sort of thing. There's still a slow moving coup being set in motion by people who must believe they cannot possibly win in an election so they'll take control by force.

Scary isht. I do hope that American democracy continues, as flawed as it is. (Same same for Canada - our democracy is not perfect, but it's better than fascism or some other authoritarian style gov't.)

*waiting for someone who truly supports this stuff to come and explain to me/us Why they support it and how they think it's better for the country/citizens/businesses/economy etc* <-- that's an actual debate worth having. I'm on the side of "No, no, no this is terrible!" so I'm curious how they can truly believe this sort of change would be a positive one. For who? (besides the people in power at the top?)


I truly believe that supporters of the Trump takeover either aren't aware of or don't believe the claims about the full extent of what he's been doing. They are steadfastly staying away from the January 6th hearings, and their news is encouraging them to not look.

As far as I can tell from the conservative news sources I personally choose to follow, conservatives who are aware are NOT OK with it and trying hard to inform other members of their party. But finding fertile ground for truth is hard when the soil has been poisoned to only accept seeds from one source.

Very scary times. Awareness is growing, but is that growth fast and deep enough to stop the invasive weeds (ie the Trump takeover)? Evidence so far is mixed. The invasive weeds have a lot of momentum.


_________________
Mom to an amazing young adult AS son, plus an also amazing non-AS daughter. Most likely part of the "Broader Autism Phenotype" (some traits).


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,924
Location: I'm right here

07 Jul 2022, 6:55 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
You'll bask in the warm and fuzzy memories of Trump when a DeSantis or a Pence type comes around. :wink:


But the insurrection cat is already out of the bag so direct action that might influence the transfer of power can no longer be condemned by the right. I'd imagine if Republicans win the White House with much less than 50% of the vote you might see more than just talk of direct action.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,158
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

14 Jul 2022, 1:02 pm

I haven't watched episode 7 yet, but have seen a bunch of news clips in response.

Curious if there are still trump supporters that've been watching the hearings and still believe the man is innocent ? :? If so, how?? The evidence of his multiple crimes seems pretty overwhelming at this point.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,266

16 Jul 2022, 8:56 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
You'll bask in the warm and fuzzy memories of Trump when a DeSantis or a Pence type comes around. :wink:


You mean swap one leader who relies on cult type conspiracies and lies with another? I didn't realise there was a sliding scale?



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,231
Location: Adelaide, Australia

23 Jul 2022, 8:00 am

This thread was started a month ago and in all that time only two people here have admitted to being Trump supporters? I guess they're not as brave as they thought.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,876
Location: Pacific Northwest

23 Jul 2022, 10:31 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
This thread was started a month ago and in all that time only two people here have admitted to being Trump supporters? I guess they're not as brave as they thought.



Or the rest all left. I don't cater to them.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,158
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

23 Jul 2022, 1:52 pm

League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
This thread was started a month ago and in all that time only two people here have admitted to being Trump supporters? I guess they're not as brave as they thought.



Or the rest all left. I don't cater to them.

Maybe they're embarrassed or ashamed at the realization that they've been conned by the orange former guy? Or maybe they're still processing the cognitive dissonance resulting from that realization ? :?


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,924
Location: I'm right here

23 Jul 2022, 1:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
This thread was started a month ago and in all that time only two people here have admitted to being Trump supporters? I guess they're not as brave as they thought.



Or the rest all left. I don't cater to them.

Maybe they're embarrassed or ashamed at the realization that they've been conned by the orange former guy? Or maybe they're still processing the cognitive dissonance resulting from that realization ? :?


Some of the people who defended him were just being contrarian, because they're just the cliché of an enlightened centrist personified.

Many of the people who were honestly supporters of him no longer participate because we take racism and transphobia seriously, which they view as an unfair, left wing bias instead of as an attempt to ensure we're not just a safe space for bigots.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,876
Location: Pacific Northwest

23 Jul 2022, 2:56 pm

They don't realize they were protected here because of the WP rules also applying to them. But that wasn't enough for them. They just didn't want to hear their ideologies being challenged and criticized.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,924
Location: I'm right here

23 Jul 2022, 2:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
They don't realize they were protected here because of the WP rules also applying to them. But that wasn't enough for them. They just didn't want to hear their ideologies being challenged and criticized.


That's okay, we've all heard what a bully I am for standing up for myself when slandered after doing some challenging and criticizing.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 26,876
Location: Pacific Northwest

23 Jul 2022, 3:20 pm

Everyone is a bully who stands up for themselves and calls out BS and holds people accountable. People just want to say whatever they want and be free of criticism and consequences or else we're all bullies.


_________________
Son: Diagnosed w/anxiety and ADHD. Also academic delayed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.