Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2022, 2:14 pm

A guy been on a few dates with and we both have a good time and enjoy each other's company. I had to be the one to make the first move though how nervous we both were with the hand holding and kiss, even if he got all cuddly with me at the movies laying his head on my shoulder and rubbing my hand he was holding with his thumb. We were joking around back and forth the other day, about how I'm not as shy with him and he started picking on me about how I made the first move, and said he wanted it himself but didn't want to do something and scare me away. He commented that he's in no rush, and figures things will come with time between us. He commented, he wants a serious and real relationship and feels I have potential. He commented we have good chemistry and communication, we both agreed that there should be no rush, and things should happen naturally as they go.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 2:27 pm

Right on, it's usually a good sign if the guy isn't rushing things and wants a serious relationship.

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2022, 2:33 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Right on, it's usually a good sign if the guy isn't rushing things and wants a serious relationship.

He simply said that he don't want to rush things and make me uncomfortable, we both agreed that things should happen naturally but he feels we have potential i guess

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 7:26 pm

Well I can remember not trying to "make a move" on somebody until having hung out with her 3 or 4 times, and being told she wondered what had taken me so long. Fact is, I had prior experience with girls who went out with me or even invited me to visit them, but I eventually learned they were actually hung up on somebody else they couldn't be with full time or only considered me a friend, or only went on dates with me because I paid or because they possibly didn't have much else to do at that time. One girl would let me kiss her but nothing else, and I had the impression she was a "good girl" but I learned later she hadn't been a virgin for a long time, it was just that her mother was preventing her from seeing her boyfriend. When I finally got up the nerve to try snogging the girl I referred to in my opening sentence, her response was to start rubbing my crotch. It's possible she would have had sex with me the evening we first met, had I made a move. She did have a history of enjoying sex outside of established relationships so the fact that she was physically attracted to me might have been good enough for her.

Another experience I had had when younger was girls showing interest when they first met me but then quickly losing interest after more exposure to my personality.

Bottom line is that in my case, not pressuring a date for sex early on was probably due mostly to fear of rejection rather than respect for women, although I have NEVER wanted to have sex with someone who didn't also want it as much as I did.

@OP So do you like like this guy? Can you imagine being physically intimate with him, now that he has shown evidence of not being a player?