Life's concerns - posting here to WP?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 10:55 pm

Do life concerns afftect our abilities to post here to WP?

I sesne that alot of important experiences with the Autism Spectrum remain terribly overlooked here on WP - on account of life's concerns short-circuiting our abilities to post readily relatable content.

For example, just being on an Autism Spectrum which might best be described as 'a not disabled enough, yet not able enough' presents a challenge to better participate here on WP, as well as to likewise, encourage like-minded people to better pariticiapate here on WP is challenge - why so little in the way of similar expreinces here on WP?

Why so little in the way of similar expreinces here on WP of experiences in struggling to fit in to both AS, and even NT environments (reasonably aware of the Autism Spectrum)?

Any similar experiences? I hope the above post, and subsequent responses in this disc. thread might "break the ice" on better understanding such confounding experiences.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2022, 11:54 pm

A spiritual expert advises that even for NTs it is a bad idea to hope to be understood, leading to frustration. The effort should go into trying to understand others. I really hated hearing that, but I needed to.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 3:19 am

JustFoundHere wrote:

For example, just being on an Autism Spectrum which might best be described as 'a not disabled enough, yet not able enough' presents a challenge to better participate here on WP, as well as to likewise, encourage like-minded people to better pariticiapate here on WP is challenge - why so little in the way of similar expreinces here on WP?

We used to talk about this all the time on WP, not about participating on WP but participating in the world. I do not have a clue why we do not discuss this much anymore.

While this old song by Cher is not about autism at all I find it very relatable.
Try and ignore the dated stereotyped video and sound effects in the song and concentrate on what she is singing about.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 4:12 am

I gave up on the human world. :lol:

There's no place in it for me. So, I just do my own thing. People can be people...over there.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 11:30 am

After all, autists are NTs. Rather than sharing and understanding, they want to dominate, feel superior, and be higher in the hierarchy. That's why WP is dominated by certain members, including the mods. Their ultimate goal is to beat the others. So there's no point in expecting cooperation here. This is a place for competition.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 11:45 am

A man retired, and went on an extended vacation. Driving through one sparsely-populated area, he thought he might like to move there. At the next gas station, he asked what the people were like around there.
"Well, what are the people like where you're from?"
"Oh, they are a bunch of petty, backstabbing control freaks."
"Well, people are pretty much the same all over, arn't they?"
The guy moved on.

A bit later, another guy in a similar situation stopped there, with the same question.
"Well, what are the people like where you're from?"
"Oh, they are mostly pretty decent, helpful types."
"Well, people pretty much the same all over, arn't they?"
"Are there any properties for sale around here?"
"Well, there's Old Smith's place - just needs a little work."

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 4:52 pm

^ :D :D :D

There are very good people here. Not perfect. None of us are. But good hearted.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2022, 5:27 pm

True story: There is an island in Canada where there is just one small pub. A new guy moved to the island, living in a travel trailer, so he was a frequent visitor to the pub, where he quickly got acquainted. Then, the locals noticed that there were now several times more fights, and realized that the new guy was passing on the gossip most likely to cause them. Soon after that, he found himself very popular. People kept coming in and buying him pints, so many that he went home a bit early to sleep it off. Earlier than the last ferry. He woke up in his trailer in a parking lot on the mainland.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 1:50 pm

Dear_one wrote:
A spiritual expert advises that even for NTs it is a bad idea to hope to be understood, leading to frustration. The effort should go into trying to understand others. I really hated hearing that, but I needed to.

Thank-you for being the first to respond to this discussion-thread.

Another "wrinkle" in being 'not disabled enough, yet not able enough' dilemma (see LINK for further details) - I'm currently tasked (having been asked) to navigate services designed to assist clientele with developmental disabilities more limiting than High Functioning Autism (HFA). Personally, I feel I'm taking-up time from clientele who are in most need of services.

LINK (latest posts): viewtopic.php?t=406833

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 9:13 pm

You feel out of place, but you have the opportunity to brighten the days of the social workers, who will be glad to not have to explain everything several times.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 3:12 pm

Dear_one wrote:
You feel out of place, but you have the opportunity to brighten the days of the social workers, who will be glad to not have to explain everything several times.

OOOKAY - Assisting support-staff handling independent living support services is fine.....to a point. After awhile, I sense that educating support staff might become an increasingly counterproductive process- hence, the original purpose of why support services were sought in teh first place becomes harder for support staff to understand.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 3:23 pm

Wherever you go you will find a lot of people whose main skill is in getting and keeping a job, not doing that job. I read recently that someone noticed that a lot of high school bullies went into nursing, which would explain why I don't go for my free medical care now.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2022, 4:23 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

Thank-you for being the first to respond to this discussion-thread.

Another "wrinkle" in being 'not disabled enough, yet not able enough' dilemma (see LINK for further details) - I'm currently tasked (having been asked) to navigate services designed to assist clientele with developmental disabilities more limiting than High Functioning Autism (HFA). Personally, I feel I'm taking-up time from clientele who are in most need of services.

LINK (latest posts): viewtopic.php?t=406833

Any similar experiences? Please post in ^ above ^ discussion-thread LINK.