Page 14 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 60  Next

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 8:52 am

Overturning Roe Vs Wade on a Pedantic
And Semantic Technicality By Mostly Old Angry
Catholic Dudes With Robes is Indeed Legion When
it Comes to Putting A Boot on Free Women's Throats,

Per Example of Some Current
'Boot-Step-Hand-Maiden' Memes:

"I'm not pro-murdering babies.

I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.

I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.

I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.

I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.

I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.

I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.

I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.

I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.

I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.

I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.

I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.

You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:

I'm pro-life.

Their lives.

Women's lives.

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted. It's not about
which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories

that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.

Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
Overturning Roe does not stop abortions, it stops SAFE abortions!

Abortion is healthcare."

MAKE NO MISTAKE IF YOU HAVEN'T VISITED A CATHOLIC CHURCH LATELY HELL'S GOD YES

THIS IS DIRECT INTENT TO BRING THE UNITED STATES BACK TO SO-CALLED GOD'S LAW THAT
COMMONLY DOES 'THIS' By Black and White Letters in A Tiny 800,000 or So Word BLacK Book:

'I don’t know which is my favorite pro-life story in the Bible: the flood or the crucifixion."

Oh Lord, The Stories Continue on as Far as Sacrificing Virgin Daughters to Gang Rape so
Heterosexual Men Won't Be Allowed to Gang Rape Male House Guests THRU Stoning

Women Who Don't Yell Loud Enough When they are Being Viciously Raped And Are
Afraid of Losing Their Only Life; Oh Yeah, There is that 'Primitive Abortion Procedure

Holy' By High Priests

Inducing A Miscarriage
By Forcing Ingestion of
External Substances That Do Just

That For Women Brave Enough to Stray
From Marriages they Don't Wanna Be in And Such As That

And Let's Not Forget the Stoning of The Head's of Children From
Opposing Tribes Killing Them Dead as So-called God Sees Disposing

of Children

This Way
As 'Perfectly'
Acceptable in That
Part of Psalms at least...

Yeah And Just Wait till the Children
Get A Little Older And Call A Dude
Baldy And God Sends A Bunch of
Bears to Maul them to Death for

A Slight of Having Not Much Hair;

And True, The Jesus Dude is a Really
Nice Beatitudes Dude, Until He Tortures
Folks Forever by the End of the Ghost Author Story,
Whoever the Ones Who Wrote Matthew Different Are,

Changing Once Loyal Do Gooding Sheep into Goats; Yes,
And Burning Those Once Loved Folks Forever With All Mercy
And Forgiving Enemies the Same as God Just Turning into Mr.

Hyde as the
Once Dr. Jekyll

A Has Been Of
Turning the Other Cheek;

Yep, Committing A Torturing
Promise of Evil that would Turn
Even Yes 'Hannibal the Cannibal'
Into Shades of 'White' of Real Shame...

Hmm, An Omnipotent God Who Comes Back
to Earth in Human Form And Commits Suicide
By Way of Inviting Crucifixion Without Any Resistance;

What A Wimpy God That is Not Even A Real Man By Standard

of Churches in Reality These Days for it's True to be a Real Man

And or Women These

Days in Church

Means to Take the
Civil Reproductive Freedom
Rights From Women With a Boot On Their
Throat; Yep, They Will Know We Are Christians

For How We Torture the Marginalized Among Us Most

As It's True in the End of Matthew, the Poorest of All Fools

Are Those too Poor to Reach Out a Hand And Remove A Boot From a Throat...

Indeed,

They Need Help
Most Along with
Alito, Thomas, And

The Rest of Anti-Love's Modern Crew...

As the "Pharisee's" Continue to Wear THeir DarK Robes...

Whether it is in the Halls of the Supreme Court, or the
Hardee's Breakfast Club, Where Angry Old Men Congregate on How

(And You God Damned Crooked From the Pulpit/Pews of Ignorant Church
Trying ITS God Damndest to be State Now Again to Bring the 'Roman Catholic
Empire' Back By Way
of Church)

to Put Boots
on a Woman's
Throat Next

And Those Who
Have Enough Empathy
And Compassion to See Love

in More Colors Than BLack And White Ignorance...

Other than That Along With Clarence Thomas's Goals
To Bring the Rest of the Catholic Church's 'God's Laws'
Back to the 1950's, Losing Civil Rights for Homosexuals

to Have Consensual Sex (Including the Up to 60 Percent
of Catholic Priests Assessed AS Such Studied Within the Catholic Church)

to Eliminate the Right For Homosexual Folks to Get Married in Civil Unions;

As True What A Wonderful World it Would Be if Catholic Priests Could Be Free this Way too

And They could
if they Just
Quit all
the Ignorant
Stories Leaving them Behind for Now at Least;

And Yes, the Final Lust of the Catholic Church to
Make it Where Contraceptives Go the Way of the Do Do Bird

And Then We Can Be Like Africa And Once again Proliferate STD's,

Some that Lead to Death; And Then in a Country, Where it Takes Two
Minimum Wage Employees to Have Any Chance of affording an Apartment to Live;

In A Country, Where College Educated Students are Underemployed Still Living With
Mom and

Dad Up
until 30 or
so and Perhaps
The Rest of Their
Parent's Life Still To Come Now...

In a Day, Where Inflation is Skyrocketing...

In A Day, Where Even the God of Money is Dying This Way...

In A Day Where Fools Rule With BLack Robes of Ignorance in

A Day,

That Only
We the People
Will Change;
Yes, Starting

With Our Next
Vote Now to Bring

Sanity Back to Rule

With or Without a So-called God Who Is A Fool...

So Much For the God of Love, Where the Hell Did He And
Or Her Go, of Course Rhetorical Question in the Land of the Once Brave And Free...

Other than That There is This, Per States and 'State,' Strategically Speaking as far As The
Continuing Potential Rule of the Republican Party and the Lasts Gasps of Breath of Organized
Christian Religion in Brick And Mortar Houses of So-Called Worship; Attacking the

Civil Rights of Half the
Population in terms of
Reproductive Freedom for
Their Mental and Physical
Welfare in Terms of Basic Access
to Health Care; while this May Look
Great in the Short Term For Bonding
a Minority Base of Support; What They Fail
to Realize or Do And Just Don't Give An F in
The Short term is in the Long Term They Have

Awakened the
Lion of Freedom

And For Now He and Or
She is Just Sharpening
THeir Teeth and Claws
For the Change That Will Naturally Come
Next as It's True This Is Just a Stoning of
A Pond And Ripples That Will Go Away

And Come
Back in
A New

Form of Waves
That Indeed
May Be
EPiC And
Tidal Change;
Either Positive or Negative;
Perhaps Humans Will Get Some
Input on the Consequences; OR Perhaps NOT.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 10:12 am

/\Excellent.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 10:25 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
BLM sized riots underway over the ruling across America
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real- ... 4b776da886

Not close. In Phoenix people were banging on the doors of the state capital and were quickly dispersed with tear gas, in L.A. some people threw firecrackers at cops. In New York somebody threw a rock through the window of a women’s Republican club, and somebody spray painted something at Fox News headquarters. Those are incidents, not riots. No looting or arson

Not so much damage to public property, I am talking about the numbers turning up to protest - they are counting thousands - for example here outside a supreme court building - repeated over and again in multiple locations

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 10:30 am

Misslizard wrote:
/\Excellent.

Thank You MissLizard,

'Godzilla' May Have to

Return Yet Again

to Set This

Human Mess Straight
Yet Not In Terms of Sexuality
of Course as i Already Decided Long
Ago if i Were Female Female Would Be The

Way
To
Come And Go...
True For me Choice or Not..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 11:03 am

Tross wrote:
I am pro-life by the way, but I'm what I call a practical pro-life. I recognize that women may make the hard choice to terminate their pregnancy for a variety of reasons, and banning it doesn't actually address the issues that lead to such a choice. Instead, I believe in funding services to provide assistance and help women understand their options while helping them walk out whatever choice they inevitably make. I highly doubt such services will see an increase in funding under the new laws.

There is such a service. It's called Planned Parenthood. It offers many services and counseling for sexual and reproductive health. But, because it also offers abortion services, it lost funding thanks to those who supported overturning Roe vs Wade.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 11:27 am

Has anyone suggested renaming the place to United States of Gilead yet?

Anyway, do you think it would be possible for women of reproductive age to go to safe states as refugees and get help from those states for it? Are there any organizations, like women's rights ones, that could help with this? Is there something people from other countries could do for such organizations and the women they help? Like, some trustworthy place to donate money to in order to help the refugees to start new lives?

Also, kind of scared for the future of the rest of the world now as well. The West follows US in many things, so US trampling on human rights might make the rest of the Western world more dangerous for women, too.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 11:28 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Not close. In Phoenix people were banging on the doors of the state capital and were quickly dispersed with tear gas, in L.A. some people threw firecrackers at cops. In New York somebody threw a rock through the window of a women’s Republican club, and somebody spray painted something at Fox News headquarters. Those are incidents, not riots. No looting or arson

Not so much damage to public property, I am talking about the numbers turning up to protest - they are counting thousands - for example here outside a supreme court building - repeated over and again in multiple locations

That's not a riot though. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 11:30 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Then don’t call them riots.

That said if we are talking protests of all kinds while the abortion rights protests were large and in multiple locations they were not yet as large and they have not yet occurring in practically every city, town, and village like the BLM ones. But it is only entering day 2.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
At the very minimum, I would hope that abortion wouldn't be one's first option. I don't think I could live with that guilt if y'all know what I'm saying. Again, that's aside from rape, incest and health problems.

On another note, I think that the response in the discord was distorted by the fact that I'm a guy(someone did in fact play the "you don't have a uterus" card on me). Would they have brought their damn pitchforks out if I was a woman? Just wanted to put that out there.

Sounds like you engaged in trolling and were removed on that basis. :?

Hey, everyone's pissed off about this issue, let's be a contrarian and start lots of arguments about how they just need to be more moderate about their rights.

Wait, why am I facing consequences for my actions?! :cry:
I’m willing to have a conversation with people and I have learned more(yes, in regards to the pro choice arguments)than I did last night, but you lose me when you go straight to making me out to be a terrible person. :roll:

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:12 pm

A quote from the mayor of Cedar Rapids, IA, where a protester got hit by a truck last night:

“Cedar Rapids is a city with a diverse population and many viewpoints. Today’s Supreme Court decision is likely to elicit strong opinions. What we must do as a city is come together, especially in times like these. The Cedar Rapids Police Department is conducting a thorough investigation into tonight’s incident. We all have a right to our opinions, but we must act in a peaceful and respectful manner.”

Hell, I’ll admit my opinion was wrong and I’m embarrassed that my perception of pro choice people was wrong. But there’s no place to outright cancel me. My view wasn’t even as further right as other people’s opinions are.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:20 pm

Brilliant post, aghogday.

Thank you for sharing. :heart:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:50 pm

CubsBullsBears wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
At the very minimum, I would hope that abortion wouldn't be one's first option. I don't think I could live with that guilt if y'all know what I'm saying. Again, that's aside from rape, incest and health problems.

On another note, I think that the response in the discord was distorted by the fact that I'm a guy(someone did in fact play the "you don't have a uterus" card on me). Would they have brought their damn pitchforks out if I was a woman? Just wanted to put that out there.

Hey, everyone's pissed off about this issue, let's be a contrarian and start lots of arguments about how they just need to be more moderate about their rights.

I’m willing to have a conversation with people and I have learned more(yes, in regards to the pro choice arguments)than I did last night, but you lose me when you go straight to making me out to be a terrible person. :roll:

I'm not saying you're a terrible person, I'm saying you stepped on some toes without considering the likely response. I'm saying you lack insight, not that you're terrible.

Even if your intentions weren't malicious it should be pretty clear why your actions weren't tolerated. Pointing this out isn't making you out to be a terrible person, it's merely pointing out that their reaction should have been easy to anticipate. Kicking hornets nests pretty consistently results in getting stung.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 12:56 pm

CubsBullsBears,

Here's an article that might help you consider a male perspective:

https://www.gq.com/story/the-end-of-roe ... or-men-too

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 1:17 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
I think the protestors should break into the justices' homes and ransack them.

I'm not really sure what that specific act would accomplish. Violence that removes one or more of them from the bench accomplishes something, what you describe doesn't.

For me, it's gone way past abortion now. Now I want chaos for the sake of chaos in all of the red states.

Nearly every Republican runs for public office vowing to be "tough on crime", and stating the party is the "law and order" party.

"Tough on crime" = tough on black/brown people, strictly enforcing xenophobic immigration policies, continuing the War on Blacks--er, Drugs, strict enforcement of what is basically the evangelical Christian equivalent of Sharia law.

"Law and order" = state budgets spent almost entirely on law enforcement (basically state-sponsored terrorism, no different than the Gestapo or the Saudi Religious Police) and prisons.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 1:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:

I'm not saying you're a terrible person, I'm saying you stepped on some toes without considering the likely response. I'm saying you lack insight, not that you're terrible.

Even if your intentions weren't malicious it should be pretty clear why your actions weren't tolerated. Pointing this out isn't making you out to be a terrible person, it's merely pointing out that their reaction should have been easy to anticipate. Kicking hornets nests pretty consistently results in getting stung.

Well, to his defense, he is on the autism spectrum, and people on the spectrum often miss things that most people would consider "clear" or even "common sense."

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2022, 1:29 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
CubsBullsBears wrote:

Well, to his defense, he is on the autism spectrum, and people on the spectrum often miss things that most people would consider "clear" or even "common sense."

Fun fact: So am I. :wink:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う