Page 32 of 60 [ 956 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 60  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 3:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I wonder how Thomas Jefferson would feel about people having the unlimited right to own automatic or semi-automatic weapons that can fire more than 10 rounds before reloading.

In Thomas Jefferson's day, guns fired one bullet or shell at a time.

Plus, that was back before mass production when a gun was made by a craftsman, which made said gun a pricey item. Most people couldn't afford to own a firearm back then. So much for the idea of an armed populace.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 4:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Clearly we're taking the wrong approach. We just need to frame termination as a stand your ground situation.

Hmm perhaps that could work.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2022, 5:05 pm

Weaponize the uterus.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 3:01 pm

Will this lead to a lot of black market abortions and there will be a black market, criminal enterprise for it in a sense?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 4:49 pm

ironpony wrote:
Will this lead to a lot of black market abortions and there will be a black market, criminal enterprise for it in a sense?

Based on countries where legal access to abortion doesn't exist, yes it will lead to those issues.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Vasco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2022, 5:32 pm

Rest In Peace :skull:
I live in the most liberal state in the US, so I don't need to worry about abortions being illegal --- unless I am moving out of state.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 6:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Based on countries where legal access to abortion doesn't exist, yes it will lead to those issues.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsafe_ ... alth_risks

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 6:27 pm

Vasco wrote:
I live in the most liberal state in the US, so I don't need to worry about abortions being illegal --- unless I am moving out of state.

I live in Washington, which is doubtlessly one of the top five most liberal. What state is yours?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 12:31 am

Well the thing is, will this be near as big of an issue say six months down the road? For example, a couple of years ago, everyone was all about defund the police, defund the police! The police are still around and no one cares anymore now.

Covid became a huge issue of political divide in the country, now both sides don't seem to care anymore. So I wonder like other big buzz issues, will this just blow over in a few months and people will just have gotten use to it?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 1:23 am

Almost feels like these things are being orchestrated .
If your populace was starting to realize that their governing body as not looking out for the
Healthy interests of its people . You might institute one disaster after another to force reliance
On the governing body.
Just a thought .

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 1:49 am

Jakki wrote:
If your populace was starting to realize that their governing body as not looking out for the
Healthy interests of its people . You might institute one disaster after another to force reliance
On the governing body.
Just a thought .

Well I feel like this may have been a political move to try to garner points for the next election. The democrats try to prosecute Trump to win election points, and so the republicans retort with this it seems. But that is just my theory and I could be wrong.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 2:18 am

ironpony wrote:
Well the thing is, will this be near as big of an issue say six months down the road? For example, a couple of years ago, everyone was all about defund the police, defund the police! The police are still around and no one cares anymore now.

Covid became a huge issue of political divide in the country, now both sides don't seem to care anymore. So I wonder like other big buzz issues, will this just blow over in a few months and people will just have gotten use to it?

defund the police did not mean get rid of police, it more meant putting more resources to help the public to reduce police interactions. LIke for instance maybe the police should not be the first responders to someone having a mental health crisis, maybe it is better if there is a community team with a therapist or psychologist with them who could talk the person down. Like defund the police was more about not having them be the first resort for every problem. Not to totally get rid of them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 5:32 am

ironpony wrote:
Jakki wrote:
On the governing body.
Just a thought .

Well I feel like this may have been a political move to try to garner points for the next election. The democrats try to prosecute Trump to win election points, and so the republicans retort with this it seems. But that is just my theory and I could be wrong.

It's not about scoring political points, but with defending democracy from threats from within.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 7:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Vasco wrote:

I live in Washington, which is doubtlessly one of the top five most liberal. What state is yours?

Which state is more liberal than Washington, Oregon, Vermont and New York?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 8:28 am

California?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2022, 8:38 am

As Ohio restricts abortions, 10-year-old girl travels to Indiana for procedure

Quote:
On Monday three days after the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an Indianapolis obstetrician-gynecologist, took a call from a colleague, a child abuse doctor in Ohio.

Hours after the Supreme Court action, the Buckeye state had outlawed any abortion after six weeks. Now this doctor had a 10-year-old patient in the office who was six weeks and three days pregnant.

Could Bernard help?

Indiana lawmakers are poised to further restrict or ban abortion in mere weeks. The Indiana General Assembly will convene in a special session July 25 when it will discuss restrictio ns to abortion policy along with inflation relief.

But for now, the procedure still is legal in Indiana. And so the girl soon was on her way to Indiana to Bernard's care.

While Indiana law did not change last week when the Supreme Court issued its groundbreaking Dobbs decision, abortion providers here have felt an effect, experiencing a dramatic increase in the number of patients coming to their clinics from neighboring states with more restrictive policies.

Since Friday, the abortion clinics where Dr. Katie McHugh, an independent obstetrician-gynecologists works have seen “an insane amount of requests” from pregnant people in Kentucky and Ohio, where it is far more difficult to get an abortion.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman