Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 8:17 pm

I think all pizza places in my town suck now so I just make my own damn pizza or just go to grocery store and get one to put in the oven.

I remember at my favorite pizza place I could get a huge slice for cheap. It was really good pizza. Now that place just looks like a dive.

Last edited by Sarahsmith on 27 Jun 2022, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 8:18 pm

That's pretty good that you can make your own pizza! I can't do that.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 4:45 am

Back in the 80's and early 90's Pizza Hut was awesome! Great quality good, good atmosphere.
Since then the food quality has progressively gotten worse. Cheap low quality ingredients tossed onto shrunken pizza bases. I haven't bought anything from PH or Dominos in years, it's tasteless garbage.
Such a shame because back in the day PH dine-in was a great experience.

SpiralingCrow
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 6:57 am

We had a Pizza Hut in my hometown. I think I had only been there maybe three times in my life. I love pizza. But, I did not love the greasy crust at Pizza Hut. We usually went to one of the locally owned small pizza shops in town. They had better quality food.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2022, 8:04 am

Pizza Hut pizza is not nearly as good as typical slice of NYC-style pizza. That’s just the reality :)

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 11:32 pm

We used to have Pizza Hut over here in Australia, I used to like going there until a kid sneezed all over the buffet.
we also had Sizzlers which is no longer here.

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 9:29 pm

I used to love Sizzler back then as well, it was actually owned by the same group as PH and KFC in some states.
Sizzler had a great range of a variety of food served up buffet style.
Sadly over the years the quality of the food decreased, as did the cleanliness of the restaurants.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:28 pm

temp1234 wrote:
I understand the sadness of a restaurant where you had some happy memories closing down. It's like a new era replacing an old one that you are attached to.

Does what you said mean non-sit-down or non-buffet Pizza Huts are still around in SA? I went to Pizza Hut many years ago. I did enjoy the buffet. There seem to be quite a few Pizza Huts still around where I live though I'm not sure if they have tables or buffets.

Nowadays even pizza costs so much that I'd rather spend my money on other types of food.

I so sympathize with that. There was an older store chain called Hills (it was in the northeast US and similar to Kmart and Walmart back in the day) that people still miss and reminisce dearly about. A candle company from Pittsburgh even created a scented candle based on it.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:33 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Pizza Hut sucks anyways. Not quite as bad as Little Caesars, but it's still garbage pizza. For chain stores, the best one we have here is Panago (formerly known as Panagopoulas) - way better quality. Other than that there are plenty of independent pizza shops of varying quality to support. Pizza Huts closing isn't really a big loss, IMO.. that's why they're closing - not enough people voting with their dollars to support them staying open.
I kinda hafta agree with you there.  Back in the early 1970's, Pizza Hut was THE hangout after every high-school football game, and if they were full, kids would walk across the bridge to the Tastee-Freez.  These were not the best places for food, but that is were everyone hung out.  More of a nostalgia thing now, rather than a food thing.

The 70's to the 90's sounded like a pretty great period of time to live in for me. I was still a little kid (8 years old) when 2000 came around. I have a kind of envy for my mom and dad and their siblings experiences living then.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 4:34 pm

There's still a dine in pizza hut in Gympie.
I last went there about 4 years ago.
We were the only people in there that day and they cooked the pizza specially for us as i have dietary requirements.
They still had all the salad/pasta/dessert bar that i remember.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 5:29 pm

There used to be a few Pizza Huts in my area. One was converted into a Brusters and Sardi's (though they still kept the iconic Pizza Hut Rooftop) and another was torn down and rebuilt as an office building.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2022, 1:52 am

i loved pizza hut too, i have plenty of great memories at a sit down pizza hut. but that's just it.. they're good memories, but i'm 32 now. if i'm going to go out to eat at a sit down restaurant there's plenty of places i can go where i can spend less but get a genuine meal i can't get at home so easily. also, they really aren't keeping up with the rest of the chains. i can get a large pizza at domino's for 9 bucks, the same one at pizza hut is 14, and they expect a tip with carryout. it's not sustainable, i'm not surprised they're going under.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2022, 2:38 am

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
. . . I don't like Pizza Hut because it's really greasy with whatever that stuff is they wipe on the crust?
Olive oil.

It’s not even olive oil. On their pan pizzas (Al least when I worked for their local franchise). Wi was some sort of canola oil. What’s worse, their pan pizza went from a premix, to frozen dough. Nowadays, you’re better off going to Wally World And buying Red Baron frozen pizza (I would, excep my endocrinologist told me to cut out pizza because it was making my diabetes go out of control, and 2)I currently lying in bed on the third floor of UPMC Memorial hospital after having a stent put in place in preperation to break up another fairly large kidney stone in my right kidney. This is really going to frost my pcp and my endocrinologist, who are affiliated with a diffferent hospital system. I told the paramedics to drop me at UPMC Memorial, since the’re a little more than a mile away from my apartment, as compared to Wellspan York, which is over 5 miles away, and I was in excruciating pain at the time.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2022, 2:46 am

Fnord wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Are they going completely out of business or is it just the sit-down restaurants?  Can people still order delivery?
It look like just the sit-down (or "dine-in") restaurants, so people might be able to order for take-out or delivery, depending on the location (of which there will be fewer).

The Huts around Central PA have phazing out or converting their restaurants to delivery only for at least the last 25 years.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2023, 9:12 am

I remember when one of my local Pizza Hut restaurants had dine in tables and chairs (this was over a decade ago). Recently however, they removed the tables and chairs and transformed their restaurant to take out only. :(

I also remember going to a Pizza Hut restaurant circa early 2011 after being picked up from preschool that had an arcade inside of it. I especially remember being fascinated by the pinball machine they had there. Fast forward to now, they probably got rid of the arcade that used to be inside of that location.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

18 Apr 2023, 6:39 pm

I grew up in a Domino's household, Pizza Hut was a rare treat and Round Table (maintained it's quality at last check) and Sbarro (oh how the mighty have fallen) were even better. Used to love Red Lobster and Sizzler too. I guess the world I grew up in doesn't exist anymore, smh.