Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 9:28 pm

I was coming home from our ranch and we went to a eatery in a small podunk town.I got a Margarita that was alcoholic.I told my dad not to take it inside the car but he tricked and smuggled it into the car because he thought I would like it.And then he proceeded to drink a couple sips of alcoholic margarita why we were going between 70-80 miles per hour on the highway.He always uses the phone and text and drives with us in the vehicle despite him giving me his word that he would never use a electronioc device while driving.I freaked out.My parents got really mad at me and said I was being totally unreasonanable and I was making a big deal out of drinking and driving at highway speeds and open container because I am autistic .My mom said tht there is not a single cop in the world out there who never drank and drive and that what did with drinking and driving and open container was not breaking the letter of law but the spirit of the law and that it is no worse than going 5 miles an hour over the limit.They also said the cops wouldnt care.But I took drivers ed and they said all drinking while in the car is illegal.

Was I wrong to make a scene in the car when my dad was drinking and driving and weaving on the shoulder because he was texting and driving?Also my dad is hypocritical because I am not even allowed to order booze at restaurants in our home town when he is with me.He told my mom that he drank and drive just to freak me out and he thought it would be hilariously funny.Is drinking texting and driving ever okay when you are drinking a couple sips on the road at 75 MPH.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:26 pm

No you were not wrong, they were wrong. I don't know how drunk your dad was but driving over the limit is illegal and so is texting or being on your phone whilst driving. He was putting everybody's lives at risk in the car.

Yes I know so many drivers probably aren't 100% sober, we all know that, but it doesn't make it right. I think you had every right to protest. I think your family were behaving like silly clueless teenagers trying to feel big by driving fast while drinking and texting.

It's people like this who cause so many accidents on highway roads like the A12.

It said in another thread here that NTs are the ones that follow rules and Aspies don't, and when I disagreed with that nobody in the thread believed me, but I think NTs break more rules. This thread proves it anyway.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 10:34 pm

Joe90 wrote:
No you were not wrong, they were wrong. I don't know how drunk your dad was but driving over the limit is illegal and so is texting or being on your phone whilst driving. He was putting everybody's lives at risk in the car.

Yes I know so many drivers probably aren't 100% sober, we all know that, but it doesn't make it right. I think you had every right to protest. I think your family were behaving like silly clueless teenagers trying to feel big by driving fast while drinking and texting.

It's people like this who cause so many accidents on highway roads like the A12.

It said in another thread here that NTs are the ones that follow rules and Aspies don't, and when I disagreed with that nobody in the thread believed me, but I think NTs break more rules. This thread proves it anyway.

He was not drunk just to be clear he was just drinking a very small amount while we were going about 80 but he was under the influence while he was texting and veering onto the shoulder and almost leaving the roadway multiple times and going into the other lane multiple times.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2022, 11:33 pm

Quote:
He was not drunk just to be clear he was just drinking a very small amount while we were going about 80 but he was under the influence while he was texting and veering onto the shoulder and almost leaving the roadway multiple times and going into the other lane multiple times.

Yer well that's dangerous too. I would be terrified if I was in that car.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 12:22 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:

Yer well that's dangerous too. I would be terrified if I was in that car.

Ya i am always borderline terrifed when I am in the car with my dad.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 2:11 am

Get your parents to watch some MADD videos.

https://www.madd.org/

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 2:53 am

What he was doing was reckless. Your mom is wrong that every cop has done the same.

But freaking out on them isn't going to change anything. We know that about your parents; they do not listen to you. You will not change their perception that they are not doing anything wrong. I wouldn't bother trying; it just sets up conflict.

I would recommend either learning to mentally shut out their driving behaviors or avoid getting into the car with them at all. You could also trying requesting that they follow a few rules if you are going to agree to get into the car; play it as something you need that you hope they kindly grant you so your blood pressure and anxiety don't end up killing you.

I am sorry your home situation is so unsuited to your needs.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 6:03 am

If a cop felt like it, your dad could have been pulled over and arrested.

Most of the time, unless theyre in a certain mood, cops look the other way. But suppose a cop is in a different mood one day, or there’s some sort of crackdown?

They look for cars that weave in and out of lanes.

DUI is no bullcrap.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 1:47 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
What he was doing was reckless. Your mom is wrong that every cop has done the same.

But freaking out on them isn't going to change anything. We know that about your parents; they do not listen to you. You will not change their perception that they are not doing anything wrong. I wouldn't bother trying; it just sets up conflict.

I would recommend either learning to mentally shut out their driving behaviors or avoid getting into the car with them at all. You could also trying requesting that they follow a few rules if you are going to agree to get into the car; play it as something you need that you hope they kindly grant you so your blood pressure and anxiety don't end up killing you.

I am sorry your home situation is so unsuited to your needs.

I tried that multiple times. and my dad said that he would freak out on himself and crash and crash the car on the side of the highway.He yelled at me and insulted me for kindly asking him to be a safe driver.He called me a insolent child and said Satan was rearing his ugly head with me and I was basically being influenced by the Devil.I tried that and my dad said most fathers would of abandoned me by now.My dad said that most fathers would of stopped being my dad by now.My dad said he would start charging me money

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 3:54 pm

It seems your dad has got some serious problems. It isn't right to speak to loved ones like that.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 3:58 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It seems your dad has got some serious problems. It isn't right to speak to loved ones like that.

Well Thankfully I had a much better car trip today so we might be getting somewhere.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 4:03 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Well Thankfully I had a much better car trip today so we might be getting somewhere.

Good to hear. :)

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 4:09 pm

Your dad is a type. Just because you're right doesn't mean it will do you any good.

Best advice is for you to live a life of your own. You're old enough for that.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 4:29 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
Your dad is a type. Just because you're right doesn't mean it will do you any good.

Best advice is for you to live a life of your own. You're old enough for that.

I know I am old enough but I dont have the money in my personal name to buy a car or get an apartment or even buy food or clothes because I cant work.I have been trying to get a job for years but I am not allowed to make more than 18,000 or so and work full time because of SSI.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2022, 5:13 pm

Why was your dad drinking *your* margarita? You should have finished it at the restaurant.

1. The alcohol:
A couple of sips of alcohol = harmless. You cannot get drunk off a couple of sips. Legally, you can still drive after a couple of sips. I would say nothing about this except "hey! That's mine! Get your own beer!"

2. Open container:
Yes, it's illegal, but an open container won't crash the car. If your dad wants to explain why he has an open margarita to the cops, that's his business, not yours. Say nothing.

3. Texting and driving:
Actually super dangerous and could kill you all.

4. You freaking out (your words):
Also dangerous, because you could distract the driver.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 5:47 pm

Pteranomom wrote:
Why was your dad drinking *your* margarita? You should have finished it at the restaurant.

1. The alcohol:
A couple of sips of alcohol = harmless. You cannot get drunk off a couple of sips. Legally, you can still drive after a couple of sips. I would say nothing about this except "hey! That's mine! Get your own beer!"

2. Open container:
Yes, it's illegal, but an open container won't crash the car. If your dad wants to explain why he has an open margarita to the cops, that's his business, not yours. Say nothing.

3. Texting and driving:
Actually super dangerous and could kill you all.

4. You freaking out (your words):
Also dangerous, because you could distract the driver.

My dad stole my margarite.My dad told my mom that he was drinking and driving specifically to troll me and make me freak out and make me super upset because my dad loves to make me freak out everyday and bully me every day..So My dad was trying to make me freak out.My dad was drinking the margarita while he was actually driving the vehicle at 75 to 80.He started drinking the margarita while we are on the road after he stold my margarita bottle.I told him I was not going to let him haved my margarita because he took it from me to drink and drive and take the bottle home for me. preacher said that there is no 100 percent safe amount of alcohol while you are drinking and driving.A lawyer said you can still get in legal trouble even if you are under the legal limit while you are on the road.He smuggled it into the car.