Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Jun 2022, 11:01 am

Hi - you know what has fascinated me over the years? Lost media. There are lots of media made over the years, but yet a good portion of them are considered lost or missing.

What lost media fascinates you? Me, I have so many instances, I can't seem to list them all.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 11:03 am

Have you checked out the  Internet Archive ?  It has a lot of old media, some of which cannot be found elsewhere.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

27 Jun 2022, 11:05 am

^ Yes. This is also meant to be a discusion about lost media in general as well, as in what do you like about it. :)

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 11:17 am

equestriatola wrote:
^ Yes. This is also meant to be a discusion about lost media in general as well, as in what do you like about it. :)
The raw, unsophisticated production quality -- one-of-a-kind movies produced by amateurs, especially.  The movies have no special effects beyond stop-motion and actors in front of a back-projected screen (i.e., the original King Kong or Godzilla movies), and the audio recordings were live, and went straight from performance to pressing-master without Auto-Tune, layering, or artificial reverb.

Literature?  I recently forced myself to re-read "Pride & Prejudice" because I remembered hating it in high-school, but could not remember why.  Now I know -- the verbose and formal conversations, the emphasis on personal appearances and "proper" customs, and what would now pass for blatant misogyny.

I did rediscover some Jerry Pournelle writings from the "Golden Age" of science-fiction; but again, the extended dialog made reading his earlier works a tedious chore.

Still, older "lost" media does give some insight into the mores of bygone eras.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2022, 2:30 pm

Here's a Youtube channel I watch. This guy does a lot of Lost Media videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/blameitonjorge

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.