Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 11:31 am

Atlanta suburb pushes to secede from city due to surging crime: 'This is a war zone'

Quote:
An Atlanta suburb is aiming to secede from the Peach State's capital as violent crime plagues the city's streets.

Buckhead City Committee CEO Bill White joined "Fox & Friends First" to discuss how crime has dismantled city streets and the impact of the ‘defund the police’ movement on public safety.

"We are really feeling like this is a war zone, and I don't say that lightly, especially given what you experienced in a war zone," White told co-host Joey Jones. "This is murder and mayhem… We are dealing with a mayor who voted to defund the police.

"It's obvious that police officers do not want to come work for a mayor or a city that does not back them, so Buckhead wants to take things into its own hands," he continued.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 4:12 pm

Guess they could secede from Atlanta, Georgia, and join Atlanta, Missouri;
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Atlan ... 92.4810208
... but I don't know how they'd fit their 78,000 people in to Atlanta, MO's 200 acres ...

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2022, 4:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Buckhead wants to secede from Atlanta.
I saw this subject line and immediately thought, "What about Beavis?"

:wink:

Buckhead seceding due to surging crime would be like a kid in his bedroom seceding because the rest of the house is on fire.