Is interacting with Neuro Typical Humans really worth it ?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 6:47 am

I find NTs much easier to interact with, although that does depend on the person but I'm just speaking in general. A lot of Aspies complain about social interaction in general to not be honest enough, and lots of other things. White lies are extremely important in some social interaction, I understand that as a fact.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 4:57 pm

I find it difficult to spot a typically neuro person these days.

I mean are they the ones who are really enjoying themselves in the pub or are they the ones who are sat there complaining about the volume of music and really not enjoying themselves.

There really does seem to be a 50/50 mixture.

Vasco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2022, 5:22 pm

Fnord wrote:
They seem to be in the majority.  They own the businesses, they make the laws, they run the governments . . . there is no way to avoid interacting with NTs.  The alternative -- not interacting with NTs -- would mean either avoiding people entirely or creating an aspies-only enclave (a.k.a., a "Ghetto") well away from any NT community.

How do you feel about living in the desert?

Bahaha. Very true.
Not interacting with NT's is like living out in the desert.

Joe90 wrote:
I find NTs much easier to interact with, although that does depend on the person but I'm just speaking in general. A lot of Aspies complain about social interaction in general to not be honest enough, and lots of other things. White lies are extremely important in some social interaction, I understand that as a fact.

I don't recall the last time that I made a white lie.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 9:11 pm

babybird wrote:
I find it difficult to spot a typically neuro person these days.

I mean are they the ones who are really enjoying themselves in the pub or are they the ones who are sat there complaining about the volume of music and really not enjoying themselves.

There really does seem to be a 50/50 mixture.

As NTs get older many can't tolerate such things any more, which is why I seem to attract/get on with older people better than my same-age peers. So it can depend on age too. And I actually think that a lot of young NTs probably wouldn't go to loud bars if there was no alcohol. If I drank alcohol I'd probably have more friends than I do and be more accepted by society. So I think that being teetotal contributes to my lack of friends, as my possible Aspie cousin drinks a lot so he seems more accepted by his peers and is always posting pictures on Facebook of him at a social event with lots of friends, like clubbing or at a gig or a crowded festival or at a friend's wedding. Sadly, in this culture, drinking alcohol gets you far socially.