Would you ever take a job if you were me(2,000 dollar Rule)

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2022, 11:11 pm

Well I am in the process of getting applications together for jobs with my head hunter.I have a few questions.I am stuck on welfare making less 500 to 1,000 U.S. dollars a month.I am trying to get a job to better my financial life but I will have to spend virtually all my income that I will ever get from work and spending all my money is the last thing I want to do with my salary.I will only be able to make 1500 a month or less in total income because it is against federal law for me to work for more than 20 to 25 hours a week or to make more than 1500 a month and to have more than a 2,000 dollar Net Worth regardless

I wont be able to support myself ever even with a job because of welfare regulations.So would yall work a job every day if you were not able to benefit from it financially?We have not been able to find out the welfare regulations pertinent to my situation.So would yall work?I have no money of my own to hire legal representation to find out.The only money i have is in trust fund earmarked for my inheritance so its not really mine.

Would yall work if you were banned from any financially benefit and could not keep the money yall made?I just dont know what to do.i wish I could keep my earnings and pay taxes like anybody else instead of being sentenced to abject poverty till my parents pass.I dont think I will ever be able to save money most likely.All my assets belong to my parents.I have no money of my own.Its all my parents money at this point.I wish I could get off welfare and stop being poor by working.I want to work a 9 to 5 but that it is a crime for me to due to the welfare restrictions here in the states.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jul 2022, 5:26 pm

I've struggled with this question as well. I could probably pick fruit a couple of months a year, but if I worked too many consecutive hours and ended up getting kicked off welfare, where would I be when fruit picking season was over? Why risk disability for such a pointless small gain but big loss.

Then I think, maybe a long term job, but around here such jobs are low pay. I'd lose my disability, have to pay fuel to get to the job every day, and my wife's payments would be affected because of what I earned. So again the gains would be too small overall.

There's only one way that I know of to make it work.

Plan a way off of welfare. Take whatever small profit there might be and put it towards the plan. Tools, courses, whatever. Spend your free time on youtube, or doing MOOCs, anything to increase your learning in areas listed in the plan. Make it so you can wave goodbye to welfare.

Maybe it will take 5 years of study and skill development. But since you have to live those 5 years anyway... spend them wisely.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 1:11 am

DoniiMann wrote:
I've struggled with this question as well. I could probably pick fruit a couple of months a year, but if I worked too many consecutive hours and ended up getting kicked off welfare, where would I be when fruit picking season was over? Why risk disability for such a pointless small gain but big loss.

Then I think, maybe a long term job, but around here such jobs are low pay. I'd lose my disability, have to pay fuel to get to the job every day, and my wife's payments would be affected because of what I earned. So again the gains would be too small overall.

Plan a way off of welfare. Take whatever small profit there might be and put it towards the plan. Tools, courses, whatever. Spend your free time on youtube, or doing MOOCs, anything to increase your learning in areas listed in the plan. Make it so you can wave goodbye to welfare.

Maybe it will take 5 years of study and skill development. But since you have to live those 5 years anyway... spend them wisely.

I am banned from keeping much of the fruits of my labor.I pretty have to spend it all so I wont be able to save signicant amount of earnings and put towards the plan.I dont think furthering my education is an option.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 11:40 pm

DoniiMann wrote:

I made a plan to get off of welfare which is to incorporate my church plant but my parents wont let me use any money to pursue it.So I cant do anything about it at this point really.

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2022, 5:13 pm

Would it be possible to focus on things that don't require much money? Maybe internet stuff. A lot of MOOCs are free. Networking and volunteering at your church. Chat with a pastor or priest about volunteering positions that might help with skill development. Assist with administration duties to learn administration skills, which would be useful in future endeavors.

Good luck.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 6:39 pm

DoniiMann wrote:
Would it be possible to focus on things that don't require much money? Maybe internet stuff. A lot of MOOCs are free. Networking and volunteering at your church. Chat with a pastor or priest about volunteering positions that might help with skill development. Assist with administration duties to learn administration skills, which would be useful in future endeavors.

Good luck.

My church would not allow me to help with administration.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:30 pm

DoniiMann wrote:

Good luck.

what kind of internet stuff that dont take much money?Thanks.