Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

06 Jul 2022, 2:53 pm

Fnord wrote:
Sometimes, I just go ahead and do what needs to be done, trusting in the idea that it is easier to be forgiven for success than it is to gain permission for action.

That is assuming that success is the goal. There are some projects, defense-related, where the profit is in the overruns and maintenance contracts.

I was not rewarded for getting a project over the finish line after it had failed three times before I took over the lead. Half of my programmers were worthless. They were unable to do their assignments and refused to learn. Replacing them was difficult, so we just had to clean up the mess after them. I still have nightmares about some of the crap they pulled.

But yes, I just go full throttle, twist arms and break some eggs ..., and get things done. Then I find myself another project somewhere else.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2022, 4:36 am

Gammeldans wrote:
"Cognitive rigidity is the consequence of a lack of mental flexibility. It could be defined as the inability to change behavior or beliefs when they are ineffective in order to reach your objective."
https://www.cognifit.com/science/cognit ... s/shifting

A very interesint article. I also like to move forward intellectually. I often evaluate the things I have done, especially at the workplace (my message would fit more in Work and finding a Job in this Wrong Planet forum).

My boss and my higher bosses are cognitively very rigid. They lack the ability to evaluate things and learn to use new tools to do work and management more effectively.

An example: At work we use WhatsApp to chat between colleagues. Why not using Microsoft Teams, after it was promoted by the management and after my colleagues had a workshop about it, to learn using it? And documents are not shared, but are mailed to eachother, which can give a mess.

And a lot of paperwork at school. Why can't it be done more effectively. There are tools. Only the operational management must be adapted to the new situation and the colleagues must be made familiar to it. They went to the workshop, didn't they? Then they have some knowledage to apply that at their work. Why doesn't that happen? I don't understand.

Not only at the workplace, also in politics. The corona pandemic is a big example. Why does it take some years, instead of one month. It can be fixed if the right medical experts are hired and if the politicians make a team of indepedent scientists. Instead, the politicians prefer to "solve" it themselves. They don't have any medical knowledge. Actually, the reason for the politicians to do it in their ways, is the Great Reset and the Agenda 2030. Then the measures that they take (destroying the economy of small and medium companies) are explainable. The so-called corona pandemic is a political crisis, not a medical one. If it were medical, way more scientists were involved, instead of being silenced and censored.

The Russian/Ukrainian war is the same issue. Russia is depicted as the aggressor, but saying that, shows lack of historical knowledge. The problem didn't start in February when Russia attacked Ukrain, but way earlier when the US, the Netherlands and Belgium decided to commit a coup d'état. The actual goal is provoke Russia into a larger war.

Wars are a problem, too. To end them you need negotiations, and knowledge about how the war started. What are the opinions of the involved countries. Do understand them. Giving Ukraine weapons, will terribly escalate the war, and does not bring the peace any closer.

The politicians appear to be cognitively rigid, but they are actually vile, evil and psychopathic. That explains the planned crisis in the last two years.

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 11:46 am

hmk66 wrote:
Gammeldans wrote:
"Cognitive rigidity is the consequence of a lack of mental flexibility. It could be defined as the inability to change behavior or beliefs when they are ineffective in order to reach your objective."
https://www.cognifit.com/science/cognit ... s/shifting

A very interesint article. I also like to move forward intellectually. I often evaluate the things I have done, especially at the workplace (my message would fit more in Work and finding a Job in this Wrong Planet forum).

My boss and my higher bosses are cognitively very rigid. They lack the ability to evaluate things and learn to use new tools to do work and management more effectively.

An example: At work we use WhatsApp to chat between colleagues. Why not using Microsoft Teams, after it was promoted by the management and after my colleagues had a workshop about it, to learn using it? And documents are not shared, but are mailed to eachother, which can give a mess.

And a lot of paperwork at school. Why can't it be done more effectively. There are tools. Only the operational management must be adapted to the new situation and the colleagues must be made familiar to it. They went to the workshop, didn't they? Then they have some knowledage to apply that at their work. Why doesn't that happen? I don't understand.

Not only at the workplace, also in politics. The corona pandemic is a big example. Why does it take some years, instead of one month. It can be fixed if the right medical experts are hired and if the politicians make a team of indepedent scientists. Instead, the politicians prefer to "solve" it themselves. They don't have any medical knowledge. Actually, the reason for the politicians to do it in their ways, is the Great Reset and the Agenda 2030. Then the measures that they take (destroying the economy of small and medium companies) are explainable. The so-called corona pandemic is a political crisis, not a medical one. If it were medical, way more scientists were involved, instead of being silenced and censored.

The Russian/Ukrainian war is the same issue. Russia is depicted as the aggressor, but saying that, shows lack of historical knowledge. The problem didn't start in February when Russia attacked Ukrain, but way earlier when the US, the Netherlands and Belgium decided to commit a coup d'état. The actual goal is provoke Russia into a larger war.

Wars are a problem, too. To end them you need negotiations, and knowledge about how the war started. What are the opinions of the involved countries. Do understand them. Giving Ukraine weapons, will terribly escalate the war, and does not bring the peace any closer.

The politicians appear to be cognitively rigid, but they are actually vile, evil and psychopathic. That explains the planned crisis in the last two years.

Are you saying that cognitive rigidity is something that NTs struggle with?
My understanding is that cognitive rigidity is not the same as refusing to look at things from different perspectives but having difficulties doing so.

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 11:52 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
Creativity is the ability to look at things with a new perspective and interact with it. Some would call it “outside the box” thinking. Not everyone has this talent, but it can be more prevalent to those on the spectrum. One can have creativity and rigid thinking at the same time. The rigid part can help guide the creative part it certain ways. It all depends on how one views the problem at hand.

I have always had both present in my mind, but have learned how to control my rigid thinking when I want to let my creative side take over. It can take some effort to be able to get to that stage at times. If I am too tired, I lose some of my control as I cannot put in the extra energy.

How can being rigid help with not being rigid?

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 11:56 am

autisticelders wrote:
I like puzzles to solve, love doing research but not about personal problems or emotional stuff. Maybe it comes down to the individual and the things they do best. I was not able to overcome struggles with interpersonal relationships or social/emotional things without help and explanations and although I understand many of those social dynamics these days I am helpless to fix the things I struggle with (neurology!). On the other hand I love factual questions and searching for answers of things based in science or non emotional stuff. Each person is probably good at different things. Each of us may have neurological struggles but each will be different in their skills, choices, etc. I don't think generalities can apply in a strict way.

How can something you're interested in be non-emotional? Shouldn't it be emotional?
Or do people with ASD often take away the emotional part of the interest?

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2022, 12:29 am

Gammeldans wrote:
Are you saying that cognitive rigidity is something that NTs struggle with?
My understanding is that cognitive rigidity is not the same as refusing to look at things from different perspectives but having difficulties doing so.

In case of work, I don't know. I wouldn't expect them to be more cognitively rigid than I am. I would like to know why work procedures don't change to more efficiency or effectivity. My desire to more effective procedures seems to be stronger than my autism (maybe due to high intelligence). Refusing to look at other perspectives or having difficulties with that.

If it is about coaching, it's about refusing to change. They follow the questionable diagnosis (actually made behind my back and not notified to me) so they don't want to listen to me (although sooner or later I will demand them to listen to me). First I don't know why they refuse; later on, I found out why they do. The reason is completely different from really solving the problem.

In case of the corona pandemic, the politicians refuse to look at other - mainly medical and scientific - perspectives, because they follow the orders from the WHO and the World Economic Forum, which infiltrated many governments.

In case of the Russian/Ukrainian war, the politicians don't want peace but want the war to escalate. It is extreme russophobia (I thought the hate was based on Soviet communism, but it was based on anti-Russian hate; discrimination at state level).

Sometimes it is refusing to look at other perspectives, but the reason for refusing it, is often kept secret.
- Corona pandemic -> world government and depopulation instead medical solution (Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquin) or just stop lying and spreading media propaganda about it;
- Coaching me in the wrong way -> money, corruption, fraud, discrimination, anti-autistic stigma instead of using my knowledge, intelligence and help to operational management to make it more effective;
- Russian/Ukrainian war -> destruction of Russia and Belarus, creating Agenda 2030, The Great Reset or the New World Order, world government instead of allying with Russia, forming a giant democratic block. Putin and Gorbachev have said more than once that Russia wants to be one of us.