Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aet1985
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2022, 3:20 pm

This scared me today what makes us Aspies get so filled with raw emotion and rage? for example I was arguing and upset with a female friend that left me out of nowhere, I feel nothing works well in my personal life, I get annoyed and angry socially all the stress or what bothers me causes me emotional crying meltdowns in private, how do NT's not have as many problems and find pleasure in all of this social stuff? yet my father worries about my sanity or mental health

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 3:45 pm

My understanding is that being an Aspie makes your life more stressful and continuous stress can cause other problems...perhaps like the ones you described.

When I retired I greatly reduced the stress in my life. I think my bride found me much easier to live with afterwards.

goatfish57
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In a village in La Mancha whose name I cannot recall

04 Jul 2022, 3:59 pm

I use to believe that NT understood the social world and then I started reading more and more. All the great novels and history books I could get my hands on. NTs are screwed up and make the world a very difficult place. Not all, there are many good people in the world. As to your father, he should be concerned about your happiness and not make you question your mental health. Gaslighting and triggering are not good for any of us.

Not Diagnosed and Not Sure

timf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 6:10 am

If Aspergers is a neurological variant manifesting with a more complex, faster, or sensitive neurology, then it might be expected that we would have greater anxieties. Knowing this often leads to improving discernment skills such that people with greater compassion and kindness can be sought out for relationships more than some other criteria.