Page 21 of 44 [ 689 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 44  Next

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 8:27 am

After her former triumph of baiting Putin into threatening nuclear armageddon by proposing a British Foreign Legion in Ukraine, Truss seems set to provoke a General Strike before the leadership race has even been settle. She's something special, all right.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 8:41 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
After her former triumph of baiting Putin into threatening nuclear armageddon by proposing a British Foreign Legion in Ukraine, Truss seems set to provoke a General Strike before the leadership race has even been settle. She's something special, all right.

She is nutty. She's like the worst bits of all the other worst PMs put together.

Hopefully if/when she becomes PM, the whole Tory party will self combust and the sensible people can take charge again. If there are any sensible humans left on this planet :lol:

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2022, 3:44 pm

We have an old used orange President you all can have on the cheap.
Free shipping included.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 7:28 am

Misslizard wrote:
Free shipping included.

Argh! No thanks! :lol: :lol:

Could we have Obama instead? Now that would be nice.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 7:43 am

Misslizard wrote:
Free shipping included.

We've only just got rid of a slightly warped knockoff of that one....

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 9:36 am

KitLily wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Free shipping included.

Argh! No thanks! :lol: :lol:

Could we have Obama instead? Now that would be nice.

Will make it a BOGO and give you Clinton and Trump, one of each party and we will take your used Boris in trade.He will be taken by helicopter and dropped in an alligator preserve in a Florida swamp.
You will have to lock up all the ladies from 18 to deceased once Clinton is let loose.I would suggest walling Trump up in one of those old towers where he will be good and safe.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 9:36 am

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Free shipping included.

We've only just got rid of a slightly warped knockoff of that one....

They both look like used car salesmen.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2022, 10:00 am

Misslizard wrote:
Will make it a BOGO and give you Clinton and Trump, one of each party and we will take your used Boris in trade.He will be taken by helicopter and dropped in an alligator preserve in a Florida swamp.
You will have to lock up all the ladies from 18 to deceased once Clinton is let loose.I would suggest walling Trump up in one of those old towers where he will be good and safe.

Er I think we would come off worse in that deal, so 'thanks but no thanks' :lol: :lol: :P

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 8:31 am

Truss establishes herself as 'continuity Johnson' by releasing a document saying if she gets in she will cut the civil service costs by changing pay to make it regional (aka, if you live in the north you are going to get paid less), right as we have a cost of living crisis.

It goes down very badly with the public, even her own media are critical, she then u-turns on it and starts claiming she never said it anyway, even though its all there in her published document this morning :lol:

have they learned nothing at all from Johnson shambolic untruthful time in office?!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 11:13 am

Biscuitman wrote:
Truss establishes herself as 'continuity Johnson' by releasing a document saying if she gets in she will cut the civil service costs by changing pay to make it regional (aka, if you live in the north you are going to get paid less), right as we have a cost of living crisis.

It goes down very badly with the public, even her own media are critical, she then u-turns on it and starts claiming she never said it anyway, even though its all there in her published document this morning :lol:

have they learned nothing at all from Johnson shambolic untruthful time in office?!

They are exactly that: a complete shambles.

It kind of makes me laugh how Sunak and Truss are trying to 'out Tory' each other. One says 'I'm going to cut costs' so the other says 'I'm going to cut costs more'. One says 'I'm going to send immigrants to Rwanda' so the other says 'I'm going to send more immigrants to Rwanda.'

It's like a tit for tat game of one-upmanship. :roll:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Aug 2022, 12:36 pm

Sunak released a website allowing homeowners to calculate how much Truss’ plan to put the Bank of England base rate to 7% would cost them in mortgage payments.

As someone with more savings than debts, I quite like the idea, but it probably wouldn’t be good for the country!

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2022, 1:45 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Sunak released a website allowing homeowners to calculate how much Truss’ plan to put the Bank of England base rate to 7% would cost them in mortgage payments.

Gosh that's underhand isn't it. The knives are out.

Temeraire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 7:07 am

The_Walrus wrote:

As someone with more savings than debts, I quite like the idea, but it probably wouldn’t be good for the country!

Unless you are a multimillionaire, you will pay the cost of this too in some way. You are a consumer the same as any of us and also young so will pay for today's problems for a very long time.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 7:12 am

Temeraire wrote:
Unless you are a multimillionaire, you will pay the cost of this too in some way. You are a consumer the same as any of us and also young so will pay for today's problems for a very long time.

Yes, young people will be the ones feeling the consequences, won't they. Us 50 somethings are on the downhill stretch, aren't we...

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 8:44 am

The_Walrus wrote:

When and what website?

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 9:58 am

Footage leaked of Sunak announcing to a group of pensioners in one of the wealthiest parts of the country that he is focused on changing the funding set up of the country so that money is removed from the most deprived areas of the country and instead given to places like theirs

I mean, that's the entire point of the Tory Party, but he said the bit out loud that he was meant to say in his head to himself. Its hard to see how he survives this