Have You Been Politically Brainwashed By The Media?

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:14 am

Pay me £5 a thought ,and I'll think whatever you want.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:49 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
SkinnedWolf wrote:
Well, a country I live in but know nothing about, the mercantilist Communist China with easily brainwashed citizens (despite their allegedly superior intellects) will rule the world while collapsing.

Have you tried watching the BBC? CNN? News Corp? I'm sure they inform me with no agendas whatsoever. The truth is always exactly between what CCN and News Corp tell me and when they agree you know it's always pure truth and never an agenda.

I think you need to do some more research on the BBC as I am sorry to say that they have a very bad padt reputation for both fabricating news and for their political orinetated slant.

Where did you get your research from and how do you know it’s trustworthy?

I doubt they are fabricating stories.

Nothing is going to be completely bias free. We are all human, including the people who work on TV. They do try to get ratings to make money. For this reason, some people focus on the facts and ignore the commentary, thus drawing their own conclusions based on the facts.

Bias in the mainstream media is usually not done with outright fabrication. It involves what stories get published and how often, what part of the story is emphasized, and what words are used to report the story.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:28 am

^^^^Yes , I think that is the most common method employed by the Media .^^^^^ and slant things whichever way they wish .

where ever you go ,there you are

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:31 am

The first sign of having been brainwashed by the media is...denial that you have been brain washed by the media.

If you were not brain washed by the media then...you admit it.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 7:45 am

8O ……. :roll:……. 8O……. :huh: ….remember to use soap and water when you wash ????

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 10:28 am

Jakki wrote:
8O ……. :roll:……. 8O……. :huh: ….remember to use soap and water when you wash ????

Use Miracle Mineral Solution specifically for brainwashing yourself to deny your autism.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 11:27 am

I’m glad I don’t work in TV journalism. I wouldn’t like people saying that I was trying to brainwash them all the time even though I was, at times, going to dangerous areas in order to keep people informed. (Yes, many people do it just for the money, but still…)

Freedom of the press is important. People need to be intelligent enough to read or watch whatever it may be with an open but critical stance. I am hoping that we start doing a better job at teaching this skill in our schools. As a teacher, I know it’s difficult to find the time to do so, but still…

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 12:19 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Bias in the mainstream media is usually not done with outright fabrication. It involves what stories get published and how often, what part of the story is emphasized, and what words are used to report the story.

Exactly. There's also subliminal manipulation like background music used, lighting, colours, etc. Those all affect our mood and our emotional response to what we're being told. Regarding bias of course media is controlled and owned by big business and sponsors who push a certain agenda for their own capital gain. That's true of all news outlets and forms of media.

Has anyone ever watched the series Succession? You'll get a clear view into the dynamics of corruption, nepotism, partisanship, and patronage in big media.

My daughter is a journalist who left the field after seeing how it really works.

She claims the best way to get accurate news today is via Twitter, using a wide sample of tweets from all political perspectives, but most importantly layman citizens who are witnessing events first-hand.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 12:28 pm

No one's mentioned Manufacturing Consent, yet?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

Succession S2E4

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 2:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Exactly. There's also subliminal manipulation like background music used, lighting, colours, etc. Those all affect our mood and our emotional response to what we're being told. Regarding bias of course media is controlled and owned by big business and sponsors who push a certain agenda for their own capital gain. That's true of all news outlets and forms of media.

Has anyone ever watched the series Succession? You'll get a clear view into the dynamics of corruption, nepotism, partisanship, and patronage in big media.

My daughter is a journalist who left the field after seeing how it really works.

She claims the best way to get accurate news today is via Twitter, using a wide sample of tweets from all political perspectives, but most importantly layman citizens who are witnessing events first-hand.

I remember Isabella when your daughter was looking forward to graduating journalism school / college..
Am sorry about the reality interrupting your daughters possible future . :( But very impressed she was able to apply discernment ) in getting going in a new direction ?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 5:34 pm

HighLlama wrote:
No one's mentioned Manufacturing Consent, yet?

More Americans would understand the nature of our media if they read this book.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 5:40 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
You have to pretty much brain dead if you're still watching MSM, at this point.

What media do your recommend that you consider to be better?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2022, 6:43 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
You have to pretty much brain dead if you're still watching MSM, at this point.

What media do your recommend that you consider to be better?

There are a lot of voices out there I could toss out. Chris Hedges, Cornell West, Max Bluemthal , Glenn Greenwald are a few that come to mind.

Of course they are constantly under fire by the corporate media and the poltical establishment. I'm sure I don't have to explain why.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 9:29 am

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:02 am

Mikah wrote:

I have noticed this scaremongering going on as well. I remember the 1970's where every summer was blazing hot and every winter was guaranteed snow and despite the high temperatures we were told we were going into an ice age and scientists were trying to come up with ideas and ways to prevent this. Shows that they are all just guessing and no one really knows what is happening, and our scientific efforts and experiments are far more likely to cause climate change than by any other means!