Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 4:45 pm

As of 11pm, 6th July, 43 Members of Parliament have resigned. The Prime Minister is refusing to resign, but he has hardly any ministers left.

Sit back with popcorn and watch Britain fall apart! It's been a fun couple of days! :lol:

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 8:55 pm

Pull up a chair and enjoy watching the Tories eat each other.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:23 am

roronoa79 wrote:
Pull up a chair and enjoy watching the Tories eat each other.

I know I shouldn't be amused at the downfall of England but I haven't stopped laughing. The comments on Twitter are hilarious.

btw 53 Members of Parliament have resigned now!

I will just say to people who are complaining 'well, this is what people voted for. It must have been what they wanted.' :roll:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:09 am

Oh how I laughed as the wolves tore him apart in that meeting.

Johnson has metaphorically f****d this country up the arse and all the b*****s who voted for him have just bent over and taken it.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for this man.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:38 am

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:13 am

You do realize this is bad news as both Labour and the Conservatives are not able to fully represent us who are the people who live here?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:18 am

As far as I'm concerned the government has failed for the last decade to represent me so I really don't care.

I just don't get all these people who are crying about his resignation. He's not f*****g dead.

I mean if they love him that much I'm pretty certain he'll bring out a book.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:35 am

babybird wrote:
Oh how I laughed as the wolves tore him apart in that meeting.

Johnson has metaphorically f****d this country up the arse and all the b*****s who voted for him have just bent over and taken it.

I feel absolutely no sympathy for this man.

I feel the same. He is a self centred narcissist and so many have fallen for his lies and the billionaire media owners' propaganda. Plus a good measure of Russian influence. Voters really need to learn critical thinking skills and stop being spoon fed.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:37 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
You do realize this is bad news as both Labour and the Conservatives are not able to fully represent us who are the people who live here?

Yes but there is not a single, solitary thing I can do about it. I voted against the Tory government whenever I could. I signed petitions. I complained to my MP. I explained carefully to people why we shouldn't vote for the Tory government and their harmful plans. e.g. privatising the NHS.

I give up now. I'm going to sit back and toast their fall, if they even do fall. I fear they won't.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:38 am

KitLily wrote:
I feel the same.  He is a self centred narcissist and so many have fallen for his lies and the billionaire media owners' propaganda.  Plus a good measure of Russian influence. Voters really need to learn critical thinking skills and stop being spoon-fed.
I am feeling confusion . . . is this thread about Johnson or Trump?

:scratch:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:39 am

babybird wrote:
As far as I'm concerned the government has failed for the last decade to represent me so I really don't care.

I feel the same. We need constitutional reform ASAP. Reform the political system of Britain.

But if this is what people voted for, it must have been what they wanted. :shrug:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:41 am

Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
I feel the same.  He is a self centred narcissist and so many have fallen for his lies and the billionaire media owners' propaganda.  Plus a good measure of Russian influence. Voters really need to learn critical thinking skills and stop being spoon-fed.

Look at the title of the thread: British Government is Imploding. I'm talking about Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister.

I hope Trump doesn't run Britain! :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:10 am

KitLily wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:

Look at the title of the thread: British Government is Imploding. I'm talking about Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister.

I hope Trump doesn't run Britain! :lol:

Lizzie would end up sending him to the tower after he tries to steal her fanciest, heaviest hat. :lol:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:12 am

KitLily wrote:
Fnord wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Look at the title of the thread: British Government is Imploding. I'm talking about Boris Johnson, the Prime Minister. I hope Trump doesn't run Britain!
So hard to tell all the lying narcissistic billionaires apart without caffeine these days.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:31 am

KitLily wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

Yes but there is not a single, solitary thing I can do about it. I voted against the Tory government whenever I could. I signed petitions. I complained to my MP. I explained carefully to people why we shouldn't vote for the Tory government and their harmful plans. e.g. privatising the NHS.

I give up now. I'm going to sit back and toast their fall, if they even do fall. I fear they won't.

Pretty much the same here. After the way they have behaved in the last 2 1/2 years (let alone the last 6, or even 12!) I am very happy to see their Party on fire and will laugh long and hard at the mess they have created for themselves.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:39 am

I should be taking no joy out of this situation…

… but I am…

BWAAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAHAAAA ( etc)

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame