Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jul 2022, 10:13 pm

Why would a parent meet their estranged child well after they were famous?

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Jul 2022, 10:24 pm

Money?

beady
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2022, 10:39 pm

You're probably right about the money but a part of me is forever optimistic that there is a better reason.

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2022, 12:10 am

Okay. What other better reason?

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 2:41 am

Other than money, they want someone to look after them when they are old or at least someone they can speak to so that they won't feel alone. The parents don't care about the well-being of a child they abandoned. They only worry about themselves. The child shouldn't optimistically think that their parent(s) care about them(s).

ivyeight6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jul 2022, 3:24 am

Well. Why is that they want inheritance when their child dies?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:33 pm

temp1234 wrote:
Other than money, they want someone to look after them when they are old or at least someone they can speak to so that they won't feel alone. The parents don't care about the well-being of a child they abandoned.

A conclusion I wouldn't jump to, based on the limited info provided by the O.P. Parents and children get estranged from each other for many different kinds of reasons. It's not necessarily the parent "abandoning" the child.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:37 pm

ivyeight6 wrote:

Are you talking about any one famous person in particular? If so, who?

If you are NOT talking about any one particular famous person but asking this question as a general hypothetical, then there could be any number of reasons, depending on the particulars of the specific case. For example, in some conceivable cases, the parent might have wanted for many years to get back in contact with the child, but didn't have any idea how until the child suddenly got famous.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 1:45 pm

In Poland, there is that very famous singer, Edyta Górniak who comes from a poor family. Her father who is a Romani man, left the family when she was a child or a teenage girl at the very best and when Edyta already got her fame, he wanted to come back because she was rich and famous but she refused and I'm not surprised.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Jul 2022, 6:34 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
ivyeight6 wrote:

Are you talking about any one famous person in particular? If so, who?

If you are NOT talking about any one particular famous person but asking this question as a general hypothetical, then there could be any number of reasons, depending on the particulars of the specific case. For example, in some conceivable cases, the parent might have wanted for many years to get back in contact with the child, but didn't have any idea how until the child suddenly got famous.
It's not uncommon in EMO music for singers & musicians to write songs about their estrangement & I think it's theoretically possible that the parent might hear the song & feel bad.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition