Question why police officers don't really care that I am odd

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 8:44 am

Why when I show odd beliefs and behaviors related to Autism Spectrum Disorder, the police do not really care? They just analyze my odd behaviors and drive by.

I tend to try my best to mask my symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder in front of police officers, but not all the time.

ilovepalmtrees
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2022, 4:33 pm

Why should they care? They are busy catching criminals.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 4:51 pm

Autism is not a crime.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 5:10 pm

FranzOren wrote:
Why when I show odd beliefs and behaviors related to Autism Spectrum Disorder, the police do not really care? They just analyze my odd behaviors and drive by.

I tend to try my best to mask my symptoms of Autism Spectrum Disorder in front of police officers, but not all the time.

Oh, you're sinking back into the paranoia that was caused by someone misleading you. Hopefully life experience will help

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm

I also had profound prosecutory delusion that currupted police officers are plotting against me.

I will get therapy soon.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 10:13 pm

not a representative sample

it could be for a lot of different reasons

your post does not contain enough information to determine the reason

or maybe they did not see you do anything too odd

or they have seen a lot of odd behavior

or maybe they were not paying attention

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:16 am

That makes sense.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 6:32 am

Odd behavior is in itself not a crime unless you give good reason for them to suspect your up to no good.

Most seasoned officers can tell the difference between criminal behavior and odd behavior caused by mental health issues although sometimes they do cross over.

It’s best you speak about your concerns to your parents/ care givers who can tell you if your doing something wrong

- George Bernie Shaw

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 6:44 am

Of course, I will. Thank you!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 8:39 am

Cops have bigger fish to fry. You know....muggers, gang members, rapists, etc.

They have no time, especially in cities, to harass somebody who exhibits autistic behaviors in the street. They probably wouldn't think it's autistic, actually.

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jul 2022, 9:13 am

FranzOren wrote:

Autistics are not a threat, so the police don't care about your autism, even if you are speeding and you get a ticket.

I don't trust the police anymore, but autism is not the reason. If they try to shoot a 16 years old boy in a tractor in Heerenveen (the Netherlands), and then accuse him of threatening the police and throw him in jail; that is a real threat to me. It is a part of the Dutch dictatorship.

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 9:35 am

FranzOren wrote:

Perhaps they are good at knowing when odd behaviors are something to care about.
Not all cops are s**t!

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2022, 9:35 am

FranzOren wrote:

Perhaps they are good at knowing when odd behaviors are something to care about.
Not all cops are s**t!
They would probably care if you carried a knife.
Odd people are not always the dangerous ones.
Odd behaviour can be seen in people with Down's syndrome, ASD, stroke or even NT.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 10:45 am

hmk66 wrote:
FranzOren wrote:

Autistics are not a threat, so the police don't care about your autism, even if you are speeding and you get a ticket.

I don't trust the police anymore, but autism is not the reason. If they try to shoot a 16 years old boy in a tractor in Heerenveen (the Netherlands), and then accuse him of threatening the police and throw him in jail; that is a real threat to me. It is a part of the Dutch dictatorship.

Off topic but I heard about that really shocking behavior by police at demonstration.

Apparently the gov claim it’s all about reducing nitrogen caused by farming.

Since nitrogen is about 3/4 of the air on earth it all sounds a lot of rubbish to me.

- George Bernie Shaw

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 2:46 pm

I am sorry for being paranoid, it just that someone mislead me into believing bs about police officers, and I used to have profound prosecutory delusion that SWAT Team is plotting against me, and that was in 2016.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 4:22 pm

Have you tried having some casual conversations with policemen so you can see from experience they are not like that?