Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sol the Mighty
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Jul 2022, 5:02 pm

One of my main hobbies is writing, and it has been for several years. Before that, I told stories and played pretend.
My whole thing is "Brain won't stop thinking," and I'm always thinking about a story at some point in the day for the next couple hours minimum. I also can't stick to the same idea for too long or I get bored, so I have at least 2-3 stories in progress at one time.
Writing them is harder because it doesn't come out the way I want it to, but a good workaround for this is writing it in forums or sharing it with friends so they can tell me how it is. I like knowing that people are enjoying what I write.
I also really like adding things I find online or in art or things like that. Looking at art immediately makes me go "I can do write something with that." I don't steal other people's characters though because that'd be really really bad. It's more just me using the concept or dynamic. Besides, I wanna make my own characters.
So yeah, I like to tell stories.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:37 pm

Quote:
One of my main hobbies is writing, and it has been for several years. Before that, I told stories and played pretend.
My whole thing is "Brain won't stop thinking," and I'm always thinking about a story at some point in the day for the next couple hours minimum. I also can't stick to the same idea for too long or I get bored, so I have at least 2-3 stories in progress at one time.
Writing them is harder because it doesn't come out the way I want it to, but a good workaround for this is writing it in forums or sharing it with friends so they can tell me how it is. I like knowing that people are enjoying what I write.

I had to check your username twice when reading this because I thought it was me who wrote this, as you have just described EXACTLY me! :)
I love writing too. I really want to publish my autobiographies that I have written but I don't know how I go about it, and doing it all online is all too overwhelming for me. I'd rather discuss it with a human who has read parts of my stories and knows how to go about publishing. But anyway, that's a different thread.
Yes I'm always thinking of new stories to write about, sometimes it seems like a good idea at the time and I start writing them then realise it's not really going to go anywhere and I abolish it. And other times it succeeds (as in I enjoy writing it and I actually finish it).

Usually my story writing ideas (except my autobiographies) are based on what TV series I'm into at the time, then when I go off that particular show for a while I then also go off writing the stories about it too. I did file all my unfinished writings in drawers so that they're there to continue on when I start watching a certain show again but even that didn't work because by then I have come up with a slightly different plot from before.

I don't write on a computer or laptop, I prefer writing with a pen on paper. The only problem with that is that publishers don't like handwritten stories, it always has to have a computer involved. So annoyingly disappointing.

Quote:
I don't steal other people's characters though because that'd be really really bad. It's more just me using the concept or dynamic. Besides, I wanna make my own characters.

It's called fanfiction and it's not bad if you aren't planning on publishing it. Sometimes characters from a TV show or something are so good that coming up with my own characters just isn't the same, so I stick to what's authentic.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 6:44 pm

I do this a lot, at least when I can focus on stories.

I kinda do the same with other things too, like I'll see a toy car casting and immediately envision how I'd like to customize it (IMSA wide body everything!)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う