Man sentenced to probation for threat to kill Rep. Omar

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:32 pm

NBC News

Quote:
A Florida man who threatened to kill U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar, writing that the Democratic congresswoman was on a "hit list," was sentenced to probation, according to court records.

David Hannon, of Sarasota, was sentenced Wednesday to three years of probation and fined $7,000 in connection with the threat, which was emailed in 2019.

In the email, Hannon, who was a supporter of former President Donald Trump, called Omar a "radical Muslim," threatened "mass assassinations" of what he called "radicals," and said that Omar was on a "hit list," according to court documents.

The email also said that Omar, D-Minnesota, and three other members of Congress would die.

Hannon, 67, of Sarasota, pleaded guilty in April to one count of threatening a federal official.

He apologized in court Wednesday, and said his wife had died of cancer and he has struggled with alcoholism, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2022, 11:41 pm

I hope he's able to get help for his anger and addiction issues.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う