Ever Ask Someone Out in a PM?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 11:21 am

So I was on Reddit on a sub to improve social skills and asked about the social scene in LA. Some woman came on there and said dm her (I hate the term dm but that is for another day). At any rate ouRlr conversation seemed to flow pretty well and went from the city to stuff about ourselves until I asked about maybe networking over coffee if she is up for it, as that is my major goal(second maybe meeting a romantic interest but I digress). Have any of you set up dates over pm/dm and set up dates? I don't want to read too much into it but the conversation seemed to flow and for all I know she could be Hannibal Lecter so saying network does seem appropriate.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 12:35 pm

Well she said yes so wish me luck!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 12:39 pm

Congratulations. I hope you have a nice meeting.

I've been asked out on WP PM a few times.
I've never used Reddit or any other social media.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2022, 1:31 pm

Well done. I don't think I have asked a lady out via a PM directly but it more sort of happened and I was asked out via a live chat conversation in a forum where one types like this (Not a video call as no one can see each other though back then we could put pictures up of ourselves or anything else).
I think I said something like "I can't see anyone who would want to go out with me" when it came up in conversation, and one lovely lady said "I would" and it went from there. I did not know she was serious at first as I was in dissbelief! Haha! But that was a fair few years ago. She is married now and actually I kinda suggested they would make an ideal couple. Not been in touch since as she no longer wants to stay in touch now she has her nice man to look after! I am really glad she is ok though.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 4:05 pm

We are still chatting. Idk could go either way but unless she flakes it is game on.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 5:28 pm

Have you talked to her on the phone yet? There are scammers on reddit posing as women.

You might have found a real one as she is agreeing to meet though.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 1:55 am

Good job zacb. Report here after the date for mission debriefing :salut:

Agent_Elflord
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2022, 12:38 am

no, but I was in a long-distance "talking to someone" phase for a almost 5 months, but that fizzled out unfortunately.

The_Wolf
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2022, 2:49 am

My girlfriend is also a member of Wrong Planet and she asked me out via a Private Message nearly 18 months ago and we are still going strong.