Scientists Discover Short-Armed Dinosaur Species

Page 3 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:17 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Ostriches originated the pimp strut. :D They are also mean.My ex stupidly stuck his hand over the fence to pet one and it pecked the hell out of him.

Ostriches have evolved to be aggressive due to the plains of Africa being a somewhat dangerous place, In contrast Australian emus are relatively tame and even kids feed them. However the odd emu is enamoured by bright colours so if you have light coloured eyes you need to be careful the emu doesn't take an interest and peck.

Interesting about the eyes! My eyes are green so I'll be careful.

But I'm always careful around animals and birds. I don't know why people touch any of them, they are all wild creatures.

We tried to save a sick baby fox once that was lying in our garden. Gosh was that thing vicious! We couldn't touch it even with two pairs of gloves on, so called the RSPCA. Even tiny creatures are violent.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 3:56 am

KitLily wrote:

But I'm always careful around animals and birds. I don't know why people touch any of them, they are all wild creatures.

We tried to save a sick baby fox once that was lying in our garden. Gosh was that thing vicious! We couldn't touch it even with two pairs of gloves on, so called the RSPCA. Even tiny creatures are violent.

I'm the same, I think little children like touching animals but grown adults should know better. I am ashamed of adults who pay money to be photographed with koala bears, Hundreds in a day. The poor koala is horribly stressed, you can see it in their demeanour.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 4:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
I'm the same, I think little children like touching animals but grown adults should know better. I am ashamed of adults who pay money to be photographed with koala bears, Hundreds in a day. The poor koala is horribly stressed, you can see it in their demeanour.

Poor koalas!

Honestly, people in Britain are insane. They worship animals. The worst thing you can say in Britain is 'I don't like animals.' You are ostracised if you say that. People would happily save an animal instead of a person. Animals are a real cult in this country. We went to the Donkey Sanctuary and the amount of sponsorship those animals get! It was obscene, with plaques everywhere saying how many people had sponsored the donkeys. If they gave half that money to save starving or homeless children, they could save so many of them.

I prioritise humans, I just can't prioritise animals over people, especially children.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Modern day dinosaur problems.

It says "Video not available anymore"

Maybe the link will work.
https://youtu.be/kotWv4MCxNI

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:41 am

Anybody ever see the Limu the Emu commercials?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:44 am

/\And Doug.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 10:55 am

Yep! :)

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 11:00 am

Short arms? Like pistols?

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 11:07 am

Nades wrote:
Short arms? Like pistols?

Oh that did make me laugh! Dinosaurs with pistols. I think we've discovered why they became extinct. :lol: :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 4:52 pm

KitLily wrote:
Honestly, people in Britain are insane. They worship animals. The worst thing you can say in Britain is 'I don't like animals.' You are ostracised if you say that.

Yes I am sure they say that but then happily tuck into a steak pot pie, pork belly, rabbit stew, fish and chips or a lamb curry.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 5:46 am

cyberdad wrote:
KitLily wrote:
Honestly, people in Britain are insane. They worship animals. The worst thing you can say in Britain is 'I don't like animals.' You are ostracised if you say that.

Yes I am sure they say that but then happily tuck into a steak pot pie, pork belly, rabbit stew, fish and chips or a lamb curry.

You hit the nail on the head :lol: :lol: It is ridiculous. Such a double standard. Although there are A LOT of vegetarians and vegans in Britain. A vast number.

Whereas I am lukewarm about animals and happy to tuck into a meat or fish dish :wink: I prefer to help humans, especially children. Bring children up healthy and happy, and the world will be better.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 6:24 am

KitLily wrote:
Such a double standard. Although there are A LOT of vegetarians and vegans in Britain. A vast number.

Yes there's lots in Australia including my sister. I've known a few vegans and I think they get a kick from making other people feel inadequate because they are such heroes for making a grand sacrifice.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 8:36 am

cyberdad wrote:
Yes there's lots in Australia including my sister. I've known a few vegans and I think they get a kick from making other people feel inadequate because they are such heroes for making a grand sacrifice.

Many of them do. The old joke 'how do you know if someone is a vegan?' 'Because they tell you.'

I worked in an animal charity for a few years and was sneered at for not being a vegetarian/vegan. So I left and worked with disabled children! That was my priority.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 10:08 am

I keep reading this as "Scientists Discover Armed Dinosaur Species". 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 10:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I keep reading this as "Scientists Discover Armed Dinosaur Species". 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2022, 10:13 am

Maybe they actually went extinct because the Head Dinosaur never passed gun-control measures.....