Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 8:02 am

Am I still able to learn? I meet 6 out of 9 diagnostic criteria for Intellectual Developmental disorder, but I learn 20 times slower. I sometimes don't learn until the police is involved and when I am mentally unstable, but I still learn.

I have severe problems with social-emotional reciprocity, learning from experience, academics, problem solving, and have milder problems with adaptive functioning.

I don't meet diagnostic criteria for:

* Low IQ
* Being illogical
* Severe problems with learning.

I am very intelligent in some specific areas of my restricted interests, I only meet at least 6 diagnostic criteria for Intellectual Developmental Disorder.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 11:28 am

Your WP posts reflect that you have already learned many things. So I think you are definitely able to learn.

Do you learn the same way and at the same speed as many would expect. I don't know. I can tell you, though, that in early grade school I was slower than the other students...but, given a little extra time, I could read things that were too advanced for them and solve some problems that were too difficult for them. Still, they could do the easy stuff faster than I could.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2022, 11:34 am

Hey, thanks!

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2022, 4:40 am

I think I don't have that problem, but I notice that there are several ways of learning things. One way is listening to a teachter together with other students in a classroom, even the lesson is very long, 6 hours or so. That works the best for me. I can interact with the teacher and understand things.

The other way is watching a YouTube-video. I am a very good listener generally, and I learn the best when listening.

I am able to read schemes in a book. Text is the hardest.

I notice that I had to learn the Japanese writing system in a different way. I should learn hiragana first and later on kanji (the Chinese characters), but that didn't work for me. I wanted to learn kanji immediately in case of words that is written in kanji in normal Japanese text (not in text for students or children). My memory works in a different way, I noticed.

Now my boss says that I have a learning disorder. Actually, it is his illegal diagnoses, but he talked to the doctor and said that there is a learning disorder. The doctor agreed, but I haven't seen him.

Do I have a learning disorder? Am I unteachable? I strongly disagree. My boss wants to be mailed if several colleague has an issue. But she says to me: "You can't remember those things, you have to write it down, or be mailed. That is a memory issue." Well, I think, that's gaslighting, corruption and fraud, not a memory issue.

I don't believe a crap of this. Because, with a learning disorder they don't have to take a responsibility. They can still catch money to... organize things around me because of my autism, but actually, they catch money for... NOTHING.

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2022, 7:07 am

That makes sense.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 10:35 am

You are definitely capable of learning. You just have to identify how you learn and if that can be communicated to those teaching you, you will learn.

Wreck It Ralph

FranzOren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 12:18 pm

Thanks!