Page 4 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Sep 2022, 8:49 am

I think it would be good to have clearer guidelines about what is considered a personal attack. Sometimes members in L&D accuse other members of things or apply hateful or derogatory labels to other members. This was a big problem in the past at one point between members of both genders.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 9:20 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Aspie 1,

My gynaecologist and my former OB are both men. I chose them based on their knowledge and vast experience as skilled physicians, and not according to their genitals or gender presentation.

I've been sexually assaulted by both men and women. I don't see how gender makes a difference in how I think about what occurred. I could easily "hate everyone" for giving me PTSD, the same way that you hate your former therapist for the way she treated you, but I don't. Instead, I've spent years in therapy and I try to use my experience for helping others, rather than spewing hate and subdividing humans by arbitrary labels or association.

I choose to look past gender and judge people by how they treat others. I don't dwell on my trauma, or contemplate joining terrorist groups as a form of revenge on innocent people.

How do you feel about the description for the Women's section :?:
Quote:
This is a place where women can feel safe to be themselves. "Having a male gynecologist is like going to an auto mechanic who doesn't own a car."

I have mixed feelings about this. I do get the intent behind the forum & I get & respect why women might feel safer with a female gynecologist. That said the fact that there is a Women's section with this description that could sound sexist towards male gynecologists(I remember reading a post by a male one who found the description sexist) yet there is no Men's section, does seem kind of like a sexist double standard to me. If we are not supposed to be discussing the differences between men & women on WP, then the Women's section seems like a violation of that. I'm kinda confused here :?

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 10:20 am

nick007 wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this. I do get the intent behind the forum & I get & respect why women might feel safer with a female gynecologist. That said the fact that there is a Women's section with this description that could sound sexist towards male gynecologists(I remember reading a post by a male one who found the description sexist) yet there is no Men's section, does seem kind of like a sexist double standard to me. If we are not supposed to be discussing the differences between men & women on WP, then the Women's section seems like a violation of that. I'm kinda confused here :?
This is a leftist site. It always was. The Left don't just condone sexism against straight cis-gendered men, they celebrate it! If you want to be a member of WP, it's something you just have to accept. If you don't like it, too bad! Leave and/or start your own site.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 1:31 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
The Left don't just condone sexism against straight cis-gendered men, they celebrate it!
Wrong, again. Acknowledging women and men as equals is not sexism against cis-gendered men, and I do not see any celebrating going on, either.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 1:55 pm

Fnord wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
The Left don't just condone sexism against straight cis-gendered men, they celebrate it!
Wrong, again. Acknowledging women and men as equals is not sexism against cis-gendered men, and I do not see any celebrating going on, either.

I thought equality was the target to keep everyone happy in today's Woke society. Now even that's sexism/racism/transphobic, etc.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 2:40 pm

We have multiple threads about “wokeism” going on in PPR right now. This thread is about creating forum guidelines in Love and Dating.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 2:53 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
We have multiple threads about “wokeism” going on in PPR right now. This thread is about creating forum guidelines in Love and Dating.
I agree. I was telling straight cis-gendered men to stop whining. The guidelines are in place, and they aren't going anywhere.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 2:57 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I agree. I was telling straight cis-gendered men to stop whining. The rules are in place, and they aren't going anywhere.

Once again, this thread is about CREATING forum guidelines in love and dating. It’s not about the rules that are already in place. (Read the first page of this thread.)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 8:56 am

Aspie1 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
This is a leftist site. It always was. The Left don't just condone sexism against straight cis-gendered men, they celebrate it! If you want to be a member of WP, it's something you just have to accept. If you don't like it, too bad! Leave and/or start your own site.
I do NOT conform to the male stereotype(my current girlfriend likes to joke that I'm 51% female), I'm also a male feminist who tends to side with the left much more often than the right but thinks the left is majorly flawed as well(the left is the lesser of two evils so to speak). The bickering in L&D is not about politics. I seldom see post there talking about politics specifically unless somebody mentions that they want a partner who shares their political beliefs. I was trying to understand & make sense of something that seems like it might be contradictory with purposed guidelines. I know Women's is a different section but I have the impression that some do not want gender to even be discussed on WP due to lots of us not conforming & fights breaking out. Gender related stereotypes & roles are mentioned a lot in L&D & I believe that those conversations should be allowed in general. Gender roles & stereotypes are a major factor with dating & romantic relationships, especially in areas with more traditional gender roles like where I originally lived. We should be able to talk about gender without threads turning into sh!t-storms about which has it worse. Single people who do not conform to their gender should be able to create threads asking about how they could have a better chance of finding partner who would be accepting of them not conforming. There are members here who are attracted to others who don't conform to gender stereotypes & it might be helpful to discuss where & how to meet those people. I also think it could be useful to have threads discussing how much masking is appropriate for attracting a partner & that could include pretending to conform to gender stereotypes.

Perhaps we need a rule against turning threads into political debates that were not intended to be about politics at all :chin:

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 9:48 am

This site is what it is. Leave and/or start your own site, if you don't like WP's political stance. Alex is within his rights to accept anyone's "donations" he wants.

Last edited by Cornflake on 04 Sep 2022, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed off-topic speculation