Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

StressToy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jul 2022, 1:47 pm

Anyone else here with tourettes and ADHD get restless legs, or limbs, and notice that the feeling of akathisia is really related to their physical motor tics? I also noticed that this feeling is also very mentally tethered to being restrained, and my fear of small spaces or being bound... I get flashbacks to being in a spithood and strapped to a table while having tics, until my ankles and wrists were bloodied by the straps, and just being ignored...

I've also noticed that a lot of illegal drugs make the symptoms go away entirely.. I learned this when I ran away from home in my teens, and remember feeling like the entire system had been lying to me when I learned that.. None of the pharmaceuticals I was ever prescribed helped really, except until recently..

Have we been being used as a profit margin in the war on drugs? When I was homeless I noticed a lot of the other homeless people who had a use problem also had some kind of dopaminergic neurological issue.

Recently though, after getting off the street and going back to see doctors, I've been noticing that a lot of them have been opening up about the reality of Tourettes and other issues that're often comorbid with it, and they've been directing me to methadone clinics and giving me first line meds after last line medications failed, instead of just throwing their hands up.. Is anyone else noticing this? Are we finally moving forward?

I just hope that the pharmaceutical industry starts looking for non-addictive meds that can topple these issues.. Probably hoping for too much though...