I act clumsily when dealing with legal, corporate issues

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Pip007
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jul 2022, 2:56 am

Curious if anyone else experiences this..
I seem to be unable to deal with any legal/financial/liaisoning/corporate problem unless I have worked myself up into a frenzy, and then I deal with the issue only using clumsy brute force. The effects are I cannot think straight, I make a mess of things, I feel I have been rude to anyone else involved which then brings guilt, and at the end of the day a dizzy migraine tries to take hold. The task kind of gets done, but leaves such a trail of destruction and leaves me feeling so bad and let down by my behaviour. Just curious if anyone else can relate.

- Pip007

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 4:32 am

Yes, I can. I tend to think things are harder/scarier than they actually are, and end up panicking. I often procrastinate because I get overwhelmed and let things get even worse. As a result, when things are finally done, I feel I spent far more time and energy than I should have.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 6:03 am

Difficult tasks or ones that carry risk can require additional mental processing. In addition to this being taxing, it can make unavailable mental resources that are usually used to accommodate social pleasantries.

One way to mitigate this is to see if extra time can be allocated to review and complete these tasks or if they can be done in private.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2022, 8:06 pm

Well, my town office won't answer my infrequent email, so I guess I screwed up.