Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Reuben Brown
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jul 2022, 12:05 pm

The other day I woke up wanting to be in someone else's shoes. I didn't like having autism and I was comparing myself, thinking that everyone else in the world is better off than me. Then my mom and I got into an argument and that made me feel worse about myself. I believed that everyone else in the world is rich and successful, and that I was the only one who liked simplicity. I feel like not many people like the same things I do.
Later I got so frustrated that I wanted to run away, but I didn't--I used my positive coping skills instead and went to RaceTrac to calm down. I bought a cool drink and a treat and sat outside on their covered porch for a while until I calmed down. My mom and I worked things out. :)

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:00 pm

Big hug friend. :heart:

Wreck It Ralph

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2022, 1:21 pm

Reuben Brown wrote:
I used my positive coping skills instead and went to RaceTrac to calm down. I bought a cool drink and a treat and sat outside on their covered porch for a while until I calmed down. My mom and I worked things out. :)

I'm going to venture to say that sounds a lot like a successful and life-enriching experience.

See, there's a thing, being successful at acquiring stuff & being successful at living, at being, at relating, can have very, very, different levels of fulfillment in the heart and soul, with the stuff ultimately being the less fulfilling of the bunch.

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jul 2022, 4:57 am

Reuben Brown wrote:
The other day I woke up wanting to be in someone else's shoes. I didn't like having autism and I was comparing myself, thinking that everyone else in the world is better off than me. Then my mom and I got into an argument and that made me feel worse about myself. I believed that everyone else in the world is rich and successful, and that I was the only one who liked simplicity. I feel like not many people like the same things I do.
Later I got so frustrated that I wanted to run away, but I didn't--I used my positive coping skills instead and went to RaceTrac to calm down. I bought a cool drink and a treat and sat outside on their covered porch for a while until I calmed down. My mom and I worked things out. :)

On the other hand I don't think that you want the NT issues.