Page 1 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 8:46 am

I seem to dislike songs that sound like another song.

For example I don't like this song because my brain anticipates it as Brittany Spears's Oops I did it again when the chorus begins:

Also I don't like those eerily depressing songs like what Coldplay is famous for (in my opinion anyway). For example this song:

And this song just irritates me because of the way they think the words "summer" and "other" rhymes, and rhyming vowels instead of the whole word only works with rap-like songs (with some exceptions of course):

I can be finicky with songs. Because of synesthesia I can sometimes 'feel' certain songs and some just sting. How do you feel about these 3 songs and do you have certain songs that you just dislike for odd reasons?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 10:09 am

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 11:28 am

Any of the late '90s pop songs I was subjected to on the bus in high school (exceptions: My Name Is, Sandstorm and Barbie Girl)

Those little kids singing Ahead By A Century, as used in the Canadian Tire commercial.

I can't stand to listen to the noise at the beginning of Oxygen Corrosion by Insect Warfare even though I love the song itself.

To be honest, I've forgotten about many songs I hate and would need to be subjected to them to remember.

Hey, Macarena. That's one. :lol:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 2:05 pm

Ian dury and the blockheads

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 2:11 pm

Stairway to Heaven - It's OK, but one of my least favourite Zeppelin songs. The melody is too repetitive.

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da --Beatles. It's nnoying af

Anything by The Police or Saga. Anything reggae.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 2:48 pm

I see what you mean about OBla-Di I like the chorus but the beat is pounding and too repetitive.

Not a fan of reggae either..

I think Kashmir by Led Zeppelin is also one of those songs which sounds impressive at first but gets repetitive.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:11 pm

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:41 pm

Led Zeppelin, ACDC, all those types of music noise are just unbearable and boring and unappealing to me.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:43 pm

In regards to the 3 songs in the OP:

They sound a bit bland, I listen to stuff that is more dramatic or has more...genius..or passion.
I also don't like them for the same reasons as well.
I dont have the patience to listen to those bland songs all the way through.

Maybe thats why I dont like Ian Dury as his voice has zero emotion or passion in it.

here's one led zep song which is good:

totally different to their usual efforts

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:51 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Led Zeppelin, ACDC, all those types of music noise are just unbearable and boring and unappealing to me.

Merzbow makes the good type of noise (best with headphones, it's like a whole brain massage).

I enjoy this and also wouldn't consider it a song as nothing is sung. I also wouldn't consider it music although there's some semblance of a rhythm.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 3:58 pm

I like a lot of 80's music but there was a lot of trash,

Anything from Stock Aitkin and Waterman
'Total Eclipse of the Heart' is a bit too much,
'Take my breath away' is similar, its a huge power ballad but not good enough

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 4:01 pm

klanka wrote:

They don't spin you right round?

Not gonna lie, once I found out about them as an entity I realized they've produced and written more songs I enjoy or at least don't mind than I ever would have guessed.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2022, 5:16 pm

#you spin me right round is one of my favourites actually, but the rest of SAW's catalogue..errgghhh!! !

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2022, 10:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
klanka wrote:

Not gonna lie, once I found out about them as an entity I realized they've produced and written more songs I enjoy or at least don't mind than I ever would have guessed.

I would not say I hated Bananarama during their Stock Aitkin and Waterman era, they were decent, but to my ears a big big comedown from their first album Deep Sea Skiving

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 3:02 am

^Wow those are terrible, well done.

Now I know this is getting serious I have to up the ante:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2022, 6:49 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:

funeralxempire wrote:
klanka wrote:

I would not say I hated Bananarama during their Stock Aitkin and Waterman era, they were decent, but to my ears a big big comedown from their first album Deep Sea Skiving

How can you hate "I am too sexy"? Its funny and has a good danceable beat.

I would put that in the category of "songs that are so bad that they are good. Like "Rico Suave", and "Barbie Girl". :lol:

The rest of the selections are...each rather unique specimens ...shall we say.

The Paul Anka thing is a cover of a hit by Wham! and George Micheal. Anka gives the already emotionally charged song a certain mature masculine gravitas that makes it ....more extreme. Extremely good, or extremely bad. Not sure which.