Page 5 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2022, 2:59 pm

After the 2000s, I like very few pop songs.

Wrecking ball-miley .cyrus
Firework isn't horrible...Katy perry

These new songs do too much "oo oo oo"s its getting old

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 5:47 pm

Not really the songs fault. I watched a movie that used it heavily and for some reason I found the movie incredibly depressing. It left me with a sort of queasy feeling for days, couldn't stop thinking about it. Hearing this song now just gives me that feeling again so I hate it.

Again not really the song but it's association with a period in my life when I was about 12 and it was the first bout of insomnia i''d ever had. I'd be awake all night listening to my radio and this song was one of a few that would be played every night at least once without fail. So it takes me back to that feeling.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2022, 10:59 pm

This stupid song by Sia
[youtube][/youtube]

... because it sounds too much like this song and I don't know if she or anyone else is aware of it or not.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Oct 2022, 2:02 am

OK I'll go head & list types of music I really dislike since some others did :wink:
Blues & Jazz; my dad grew up around New Oreleans & he loves that music, he cant tolerate anything else :tired:
Other types of music I tend to dislike include :arrow: Gospel, Classical, Opera(thou I'd like to hear some Klingon Opera :nerdy: ), Folk, Bluegrass, & Rap

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2022, 11:34 pm

That song with all the trumpets. I don't know what it's called but it is such an ear worm and does my head in.
Ordinarily I like songs with trumpets and that in (march music is one of my favourite genres) but for some reason this particular song just doesn't fit. It's like I've heard the music in it somewhere else but it doesn't sound appropriate in a pop song.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Oct 2022, 3:15 am

Joe90 wrote:
That song with all the trumpets. I don't know what it's called but it is such an ear worm and does my head in.
Ordinarily I like songs with trumpets and that in (march music is one of my favourite genres) but for some reason this particular song just doesn't fit. It's like I've heard the music in it somewhere else but it doesn't sound appropriate in a pop song.
Could it be Mambo No.5 by Lou Bega :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 5:38 am

nick007 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Could it be Mambo No.5 by Lou Bega :?:

No, I like that song. The song I'm talking about is newer I think and is often played on Heart Essex radio.

CunningSilence
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 8:13 pm

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 6:39 pm

Anything by Frank Sinatra. His note-pitching is too inaccurate for my taste, especially some of his high notes which come over as weak. And I don't like the genre of the songs he sang or those Big-Band backings that are very strident to my ears. And there's nothing progressive about his music. He doesn't make me sick like he used to but he still comes over to me as not good enough.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2022, 9:47 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

The Paul Anka thing is a cover of a hit by Wham! and George Micheal. Anka gives the already emotionally charged song a certain mature masculine gravitas that makes it ....more extreme. Extremely good, or extremely bad. Not sure which.

The song was number #1 in 1974. Wham! was an ‘80s act.
(You're) Having My Baby - Wikipedia
Quote:
Despite its commercial success, the song has been criticized for its maudlin sentimentalityand perceived sexist undertones, and has appeared in many "worst songs" lists. It was voted the #1 "Worst Song of All Time" in a poll conducted by CNN.com in 2006.

Peter Reilly, in a February 1975 review of the album from which it originated, for what was then known as Stereo Review, stated that the song "defeats critical evaluation with the same brashly sure grasp of the popular mood as his equally dismal "Diana" of years ago. Everybody knows Anka can do better (he proved it easily with "My Way"), but he still composes and sings as if he were working on his first million and his fondest wish was an appearance on Dick Clark's show. '(You're) Having My Baby' is (really) The Worst. He grunts out the unforgettable lyrics, 'Yuh're havin' muh baybee/Whad a lovely way of sayin' how much yuh love me . . . Oh the seed inside you baybee/Do you feel it growin'?' in an Elvis-like roar while what sounds like Mantovani's orchestra swoons around him. Yet I'll admit, dammit, that after hearing it only once I caught myself vacantly humming it, exactly as I did years ago with "Diana". All of which probably proves that Anka has some powerful natural gift of communication no matter how much one objects to the message."

The song was also criticized for declaring the child was the man's, rather than the couple's. Anka defended his choice in a 1974 interview, saying, "it's not meant to alienate anyone. I could have called it 'having our baby', but the other just sounded better. It's not a male ego trip—my baby."Anka did sometimes sing the line as "you're having our baby" while performing in concert. While reviewing a 2005 concert, Dan MacIntosh of PopMatters noted that while Anka had "covered most of his career highlights", he had "wisely neglected to include 'You're Having My Baby.'"

Others criticized a line stating that while the woman could have "swept it from [her] life" (a euphemism for having an abortion, which had recently been legalized across the United States through the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court ruling), she had not because it was "a wonderful way of showing how much she loves him". In response, Anka said the song was "a love song". He also explained in 1974, "what I'm saying in the song is that there is a choice. The libbers will get on me; I can't help that. I am into the antihuman thing, and I do understand the other side of it. There are those who can't cope, and it's not in the cards for them to have kids. I'm a libber myself, in the sense that ... if you've got to abort, you do. Some people just can't cope."

The National Organization for Women gave Anka (and, for the unrelated album Unborn Child, Seals and Crofts) the "Keep Her in Her Place" award during "its annual putdown of male chauvinism" in the media on Women's Equality Day.Ms. magazine "awarded" Anka their "Male Chauvinistic Pig of the Year" award.
[/quote][/quote]
I had no idea it was a PPR song.[/quote]

Yeah. I know. I already acknowledged my mistake two pages up or so.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 9:27 am

all songs sung by sia and her stupid voice

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2022, 10:43 am

The G4S company song "Securing Your World."
You might be able to listen to it here:
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/0 ... 70661.html

If not, here are the lyrics:
You love your job and the people too
Making a difference is what you do
But consider all you have at stake
The time is now don’t make a mistake
Because the enemy prowls, wanting to attack
But we’re on the wall, we’ve got your back
So get out front and take the lead
And be the winner you were born to be
G4S! protecting the world
G4S! so dreams can unfurl
24/7 every night and day
A warrior stands ready so don’t be afraid
G4S! secure in your world
G4S! let your dreams unfurl
We’re guarding you with all our might
Keeping watch throughout the night

Did they really think anybody would like it?

[EDIT]
Here is the recording - actually I don't dislike the tune, it's just the lyrics and the sentiments that make me reach for the sick bucket:
https://soundcloud.com/user6060683/01-g ... your-world

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 7:16 pm

Anything by Ed Sheeran.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2022, 7:23 pm

Who Let the Dogs Out - whoever it is (no idea)
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles

I don't even want to post them or I'll get them stuck in my head.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 8:36 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I Peed In The Pool. It's very disrespectful for people who are living with incontinence.

my husband looked that up on his spotify thing and played it
such a stupid dumb song

it seems to have the same tune as several other songs :?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2022, 9:57 pm

I heard one in a shop last week but I don't know the name.
Some kind of loud thumpy thing similar to Who Let the Dogs Out.
I think they were saying "Bring me the Moneyyyyy" or something like that.
It was so annoying I nearly lost my mind.

I wish I knew the name.